Thread: Jet Ski attacking Paddlers BBC

Default Jet Ski attacking Paddlers BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-wales...ff-paddleboard

In UK law we have dangerous driving and criminal recklessness but seems they only apply to driving on roads.
    Strandhogge

Dread to think what would have happened if the jetski lost control. Incidentally the drink driving law for cars is the same amount of alcohol an stands for boats. But you dont get the points on your licence as you do not need a licence

If children can't play properly with there toy's, they should have them confiscated. What kicks do they get by risking other people's lives. There's entire oceans for people to enjoy themselves with spoiling other people's fun.��

I hate jetskis. Period. I never paddle anywhere they could get one in the water, but I can't even stand the sound of them. I know it's harder because you have an ocean, not a small lake, but why weren't they arrested ? The Marine Police Units (on all populated lakes) here would have had them in jail.

It too hate jetski users and most speedboat drivers. They have little brain or respect for others water users. Expensive noisy toys for idiots.

I have had bad experiences with these idiots.

Sadly, we don't have water police in most areas. Although on one occasion the local police in Chester saw an incident, like the one shown, when the boater came off the River Dee, they had a lengthy talk with the idiot. I didn't see the outcome.

On Windermere, the rangers will respond, sometimes. They will accept your videos of speeding boats and use them to prosecute, for exceeding the speed limit and dangerous driving. I know of one successful case, it cost the driver about 1000 for his stupid fun and that was just speeding.

Doug
    When there's trouble on shore, there's peace on the wave,
    Afloat in the White Canoe.
    Alan Sullivan