Thread: bad day at Bruerne

Default bad day at Bruerne

Committed the ultimate sin about 3 weeks ago, left my small blue roll top bag on the lock mooring
    at Stoke Bruerne bottom lock , Contained Damascus steel bush craft knife,fire starting kit. dc4 sharpening stone,
    other bits of sentimental value picked up from holidays abroad. Gutted as I double checked the top level where I thought I put all
    my things but the bag must have been tight up against the side on the lower level. Lesson learnt. So don't learn the hard way double double check. Atb Terry ps could have been worse could have been my wood canvas canoe I paddled that day.

Bugger. Sorry to hear that mate.

I was actually at Stoke Bruerne about then, called in as somewhere to stop for a wander, on my way home from working in Leicester. No, I haven't got a new knife...probably a week or two earlier.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Its a sickening feeling Mal as I'm sure you know with your paddle n bag loss.
    Discovered it when I went to get my mug and hip flask a few days later. Daughters kindly
    replaced the knife blade, which she bought me and I fitted out originally and I've already made a sheath with fire kit attached.
    Funnily enough the dc4 was bought after what you showed me at Peartree Island a year or 2 ago.

Worth checking with the local police or if there's a nearby pub where lost and found might be taken. There are still a few good people in this world who would hand something like that in.

Will do Bhof, I should have done it sooner. Atb Terry . ps now done . no joy at the Navigation pub.
    Last edited by terry. young; 17th-March-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Try phoning the Canal Museum at stoke bruerne. There is a lady who works there and lives next door to the museum called Catherine, she may be able to help or Julie Cook of Jules Fuels who live at the bottom of the flight

Cheers for the info Tony.