Thread: Hello from Aberdeen

Default Hello from Aberdeen

Hello everyone, my wife and I have decided to splash out and buy ourselves a canoe! After researching we have settled on it being a Nova Craft Prospector 16 Tuffstuff. Will be ordering it in the next couple of weeks once I get roof bars sorted. Exciting times ahead we hope! Next will come some places to practice... luckily we live close to the mouth of the Don and have an access point just 100m from home. That said, it won’t be where we practice and get the hang of the boat. May try Loch Morlich a few times until we are confident. 👍

Hello and Welcome!

Lovely part of the world, and nice canoe, too! Morlich or Insh might be a good place to start out, on a calm day.
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Hello and welcome , you have picked a nice first canoe , I you want a far more sheltered loch to paddle that's just up the road a bit from Morlich , try loch pityoulish its a good wee loch to get started on ,its just off B970, and its an easy put in as well ,small parking bay with a gate to the loch just opposite the parking bay

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Hello and Welcome!

Lovely part of the world, and nice canoe, too! Morlich or Insh might be a good place to start out, on a calm day.
    Thank you 👍
    Take nothing but pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Jag009 View Post
    Hello and welcome , you have picked a nice first canoe , I you want a far more sheltered loch to paddle that's just up the road a bit from Morlich , try loch pityoulish its a good wee loch to get started on ,its just off B970, and its an easy put in as well ,small parking bay with a gate to the loch just opposite the parking bay
    Thank you
    Last edited by davidblades; 4th-February-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Welcome! I’m on the Don at Kemnay and happy to join up for some easy moving water sometime. Loch of Skene is accessible as is Loch Kinord, which is lovely (though frozen at the moment!).

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaboat View Post
    Welcome! I’m on the Don at Kemnay and happy to join up for some easy moving water sometime. Loch of Skene is accessible as is Loch Kinord, which is lovely (though frozen at the moment!).

Mike
    Hi Mike

Thanks for that... sounds great. I’m actually just off the phone ordering our canoe, looks as if we will be collecting it at towards the end of March. I’ll certainly keep your info and give you a shout once it’s arrived.

Aye aye mi loon, fit like. Welcome from an exiled Aberdonian now doing missionary work in deepest, darkest Yorkshire.

You wouldn't have a spare rowie knocking about would you?

Andy
    The river flows, flows to the sea
    Wherever that river flows, that's where I want to be

Quote Originally Posted by andibs View Post
    Aye aye mi loon, fit like. Welcome from an exiled Aberdonian now doing missionary work in deepest, darkest Yorkshire.

You wouldn't have a spare rowie knocking about would you?

Andy
    Hi Andy

Im originally from London but I’m pleased to say that lingo is not wasted on me! I’ve lived here for 30 years, so I’m fluent

The rowies are as good as you remember and still as unhealthy! Thains in George street is still on the go, but I have to say, being an East London boy, Pie and Mash is still my fave!