Thread: first post

Default first post

Hi, i'm Marcus, new to SOTP ,currently living in the Pyrenees, France, south end.
    Last year got an OldTown 148 and I've been checking out some of the local paddling spots with the kids.
    Last summer we made a 6 day trip around the Croatian island of Cres in the canoe which inspired me to find out about other places we could have such adventures, so thanks for your forum, lots of great advice.

The best paddling I've found around here is a resivoir in spain, embalasse de darnius, when the waterlevel is just right, you can paddle straight in to the village church they flooded when they dammed it.
    dont go in summer though

If anyone knows any other good places round here let me know

Hello and Welcome!

Be nice to hear about some of your trips sometime.

The only paddling I know in that vague direction is that on the Cele, Lot and Tarn, a couple of hours (or more!) further north. There is loads of info on these rivers if you search this site, and I'd definitely recommend a visit to the southern side of the Massif Central, and to buy Pete Knowles' latest "Best Canoe Trips in the South of France" guide.

Welcome to SotP and I look forward to reading about your canoe adventures.

Doug
    When there's trouble on shore, there's peace on the wave,
    Afloat in the White Canoe.
    Alan Sullivan

Welcome to Song of the Paddle. looking forward to seeing bloggs of your trips.
    John