Thread: Made in Britain, ITV Episode 9 - Ghillie Kettle

Default Made in Britain, ITV Episode 9 - Ghillie Kettle

Apologies if this has been posted here in the last two weeks but Iíve just watched this program on ITV Player as it had the manufacture of Ghillie Kettles on it. Fascinating to watch the hand made process and the people behind it. Worth a watch.
    Chris

Thanks Chris, enjoyed that.

I dealt with Steve in my previous job with Scout Shops, but never actually met him. Nice to see him in the flesh, and to see how skilled he and his team are in traditional metalworking. I can also understand why negotiating payment terms, the use of BACS and e-mail were not his forte! A craftsman.

Whilst I had a vague idea how they were made, to see it like that is excellent. A simple product, but a huge amount of skill and experience needed to make it so effortlessly. I chose to stock those over the Kelly Kettle mostly because of the whistle, and remember him telling me about the dual use of newspaper for packaging too. Sadly, looks like Scout Shops have stopped selling them, and all the Bushcraft stuff like DD Tarps.

Not sure if the link will work, I'm not normally an ITV Hub user: https://www.itv.com/hub/made-in-britain/2a5692a0009

The Ghillie Kettle is the 3rd part of 4. You may have to endure some adverts to get to it...
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Thanks Chris, enjoyed that.

I dealt with Steve in my previous job with Scout Shops, but never actually met him...
    ...Sadly, looks like Scout Shops have stopped selling them, and all the Bushcraft stuff like DD Tarps...
    Slight Fred drift (my thread so allowed), but have to agree. The Glasgow Scout Shop used to be a veritable Aladdin’s cave. Went in a couple of weeks ago, first time in a few years, and what a shame.
    Chris