Thread: oc1 paddlers midlands based

Default oc1 paddlers midlands based

Paddling white water solo can be problematic.

Thought i would post too see if there are any oc1 boaters or peoples wanting to do more white water but are limited due to their isolation, not a local club member.

Looking to form a group or maybe a midlands based club for the benefit of travel,rescue cover, shuttling and the alike.
    some white water experience required and a recent WWSR course completed. midlands based would be good but not a requirement.

I know there are some groups on FB..

You should float this idea on the OC1 group on Facebook. I'm really only a facebook user because the OC1ers transferred to Facebook. Blacksnow saddle Pip would be a good starter.

Hi Lee

There is a very healthy OC1/OC2 scene and as Peter mentions most tend to hang out on FB either WW Canoe Group or C boat UK.

I live in Stone Staffs get across to Wales mainly for my boating you’ll find we are a fairly laid back crowd a real mix of abilities from as good as it gets to the total newbie all are welcome just folk need to be up front and honest about ability when looking to tag onto a meet ..
    Last edited by pipster3; 12th-December-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks for the reply Peter. I was trying to avoid facebook..

Phil I will send you a PM if thats ok?

Cool I will check in tomorrow ..

hi Lee , As a Dutch paddler I am of no use. but many of the paddlers in OC1 I know live in what i think are the midlands. most are found on Facebook in menyioned groups some are founds over here as well but most a not much here anymore. Phil is a good one to talk to.
    Propper writing in English. How do you do that? with dyslexia, bad hand eye coordination, ect. and in a foreign language.
    Sorry for all the mistakes.

Last edited by pipster3; 12th-December-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Lee, I think its quite simple. Post on here, paddle alone, join one of the Facebook groups mentioned by Phil, and have a laugh and learn a lot in between being petrified.

Are there any other OC1 boaters on here that just don’t like Facebook that are looking to get out ? let me know I’m happy to post up when we have a gathering.

busy this weekend but could do next sunday (23rd). Not sure where though, it all depends on river levels and the weather.