Thread: Clear Access Clear Waters

Default Clear Access Clear Waters

I expect most will have received the email from British Canoeing announcing the parliamentary launch of their new Access Charter and Campaign.

https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/g...arter-campaign

I thought it was absolutely brilliant, especially the videos, which present a passionate view of the unfairness of the present situation - very compelling.

Well done to British Canoeing and all those involved - let's get behind the campaign!

Seconded!

Much better than what we've seen before.

Excellent news. They've laid their cards on the table now.

I've e-mailed my MP at least once about the problems canoeists face - and got an answer. It would help if more people did the same. Its all well and good every canoeist patting each other on the back, but few, if any MPs look those forumsą!!!!!
    http://www.davidwperry.blogspot.co.uk/

Yes I agree, I'm very impressed. Clearly a lot of work has gone into those videos. They seem to have listened and taken on board pretty much everything from the feedback sessions.

Mods, I wonder if this thread could be moved onto the main forum for a while to maximise the exposure?

Journal Entries

Well put together and a a clear message. Hopefully this will help make some real progress.
    John

So (thinking aloud)
    where to go with this?
    check what rivers are on my local MP's patch.
    check on the access map and local knowledge as to any disputed areas.
    Drop my MP a line, link in the BC video, indicate the state of play in the local area.
    see if they could spare some time at one of their surgeries to share their thoughts?

Yes James, that sounds good. There is advice on the British Canoeing website - see the sidebar on the page linked above, under 'How to contact your MP'.

Just sharing a link from Greg for those on FB who want to show their support: https://www.facebook.com/profilepicf...c_location=ufi by using a ClearAccessClearWaters overlay.