Thread: What a generous bunch of folks

Default What a generous bunch of folks

Just to thank people for their excellent advice, encouraging words and actual generosity (one member sent me something for free that he actually offered in the first place).
    It is said that one should count one's blessings: it is not every day you come across such an easy going, easy listening/patient bunch.
    I am glad that I got my interest in canoeing back.
    It'll be even better if I ever manage to hook up with some of you lot.
    Thanks!

Yeah, its not a bad place this, as far as virtual communities go!
    Paddler,blogger,camper,pyromaniac: Blog: Wilderness is a State of Mind

Paddle Points - where to paddle

aye, and usually people in the flesh are way better than their Internet personae.

Quote Originally Posted by French Erick View Post
    aye, and usually people in the flesh are way better than their Internet personae.
    God love an optimist. See https://m.ranker.com/list/facts-abou.../cat-mcauliffe.

5th amendment (to somebody else’s constitution) may be wise though I will say ... actually, all the ones I’ve met have been interesting and I’ve made some good friends here. It’s them I feel sorry for really.
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Goodness gracious me (I prone to swearing but will make an effort here), this was one grim link Mark!
    I have never heard of the man. I do own a barrel though, ostensibly for rain water collection!

I probably appeared to keen...sorry folks!

Outing myself as one of the "generous" folk, I should point out that the contents of the envelope I sent Erick took about 10 minutes to make and cost less than the pint of milk I'd gone to the shop for when I posted it. It was little effort, calling it generous is quite generous.

While I don't think it was the most generous thing in the world, I would like to defend myself a little. OK, most folk who have met me would struggle to describe me using words suitable for a family friendly forum, but I'm not the worst person in the world. Inferring I'm a serial killer, just because I sent someone some velcro, seems a tad harsh.

As an aside, the definition of serial killer is 4 murders isn't it? Asking for a friend.
    The only thing you have to fear is Mergatroid the vengeful, man eating bear.
    (and my youtube channel)

4! why did I worry with the 1 then
    Joking aside... let's be safe but remember that we're more likely to be wiped out on the way to paddling by someone just like us who has had a lapse of concentration!
    We, I hope, know that we all make/have made mistakes whilst behind the wheel... and got away with it.
    Depiste all the climbing, skiing, solo ventures into the wild... driving is by far and away the most dangerous activity I partake in. The likelyhood of me meeting a serial killer is also rather slim.

To be fair, you’re more liable to meet a “cereal eater” than a “serial killer”here really. I actually agree with the OP sentiment myself.

Just couldn’t resist the reminder that all that twitters is not gold.

Saarlak, no offense intended.
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”