Thread: Haswing electric motors

Default Haswing electric motors

Has anyone tried these? Good price and good reviews from Australia - as increased age cuts back paddling
    ambitions, I'm looking for some mechanical assistance

Not sure about that brand and haven't tried it in myself but electric Marine outboards and engines are regularly advertised and reviewed in watercraft magazine

Here is photograph of one of the adverts

I think there was a review of these two Outboards in number 131 September / October 2018

If you google watercraft magazine I think you can order back issues

I have no connection either to the magazine or the company selling the outboards. just like looking at all the boat pictures.

Ewan

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You won't need anything like that sort of power for a Canoe, the motors above are designed for fairly large boats. Get a small trolling motor of about 30 to 50lbs thrust and a leisure battery (preferably in a battery box). I've got one for my canoe but haven't actually got around to trying it.

Default 3HE-Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Owl Paddler View Post
    You won't need anything like that sort of power for a Canoe, the motors above are designed for fairly large boats. Get a small trolling motor of about 30 to 50lbs thrust and a leisure battery (preferably in a battery box).
    Has anyone tried this one?: 3HE-Motor ("High efficient electric engine"), Video 4 min

Very expensive, but probably a really good motor for small canoes. Klepper has it, an this guy sells it too, he has experience.

I'm thinking of getting this engine for a 900-km solar driven wildernis trip in the tropics, the solar panels forming a sun roof above me.