Thread: North Wales Pack rafting

Default North Wales Pack rafting

Last weekend I met up with Mark a fellow mountain biker who's got himself a new packraft as well.

We met up for breakfast and made a plan following our moving water training session plan change through lack of good flowing water where we were.
    We headed to Llyn Geirionydd once unloading from the car, we had a short work to he southern end of the lake and paddled north with a great tail wind.

360 tiny planet photo

At the northern end of the lake we landed, deflated the pack rafts and headed north over the hill towards Llyn Crafnant.

Here we un packed and inflated our boats and set sail/paddle heading along the North Eastern shoreline to try and keep out of the strong head wind.
    Suddenly halfway along the shore a car came appeared and 3 very angry women, who got out and told us to get out of their water as this lake was private and only for use by paying fishermen, (we only saw 2)

We were making no noise, and leaving no trace, our walk up the banking made more damage then we would ever have made on the the shallow shores at each end.
    The 3 angry women then drove off and we watched they drive all the way back around the lake to the cafe on the other side.
    Obviously not very busy coming around in force on a sunny Saturday lunchtime.
    The worst thing is that they have boats on their banks on their website and there are no private signs and no paddling signs (or at least that we saw)

Anyway these 3 angry battle axes weren't going to ruin our day, we packed up and have a great walk back up over the hill at the other end of the lake and back to the cars.

So please don't use the lake and especially the cafe on this one

they know your from down south..

C

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm a northerner

Journal Entries

After running this site for over 10 years I still can’t get my head round the aversion some people have to canoes and the like paddling on lakes and rivers.
    John