Thread: OCA Cumbria

Default OCA Cumbria

Did you know there's now an OCA Cumbria group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/183144908986708/

Just trying to get it off the ground so check it out. Especially all you C.R.A.P folk.

Hopefully manage to organise some local moving water trips, normal days trips and the likes over the next few months.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thank you for that - I've joined the facebook group.

No problem. Next social paddle is looking like 2nd November, 7pm at Water head, Windermere

OCA Cumbria is holding a meet over the Easter Weekend on Coniston. Camping using a small private site with good facilities at Thurston OEC.

There will be a number of workshops, including a family
    Swallows and Amazons paddle, a Leven ascent on a spring tide, Expedition Skills training, canoe sailing, ww poling and more.

Day visitors are welcome.

More details coming out soon.

Great, I keep a lookout.

Doug
    When there's trouble on shore, there's peace on the wave,
    Afloat in the White Canoe.
    Alan Sullivan

When will the details be out? Many thanks

An outline has been put together and just being discussed at the minute. Hopefully all will be confirmed and out soon. It's looking like there's going to be lots of choice!

OCA Cumbria Easter Meet Bookings are now live on the OCA Website.

Link:

https://webcollect.org.uk/oca/event/...2nd-april-2019

OCA Easter Meet offers you:

NAVIGATION SKILLS - map and compass skills to enable you to navigate safely on open water, rivers and estuaries. Expedition / Trip planning including tidal planning. Night navigation.
    2 days and a night paddle.

Videography - making and editing a video of your paddle trip.

Using video to self - coach white water skills.

Family events.

Introduction to Bushcraft

An Estuary Trip - and more !

Book onto individual workshops - come for the day, or camp for the weekend.

Full details on the OCA website in the EVENTS section.
    Last edited by ISABELLA; 25th-February-2019 at 05:52 PM. Reason: unfinished

Planned your Easter yet ? Lots of places still available for the Easter Meet in the Lakes, including Family friendly events. Super camp site - or just come for individual workshops if you are fairly local.

Quote Originally Posted by ISABELLA View Post
    Planned your Easter yet ? Lots of places still available for the Easter Meet in the Lakes, including Family friendly events. Super camp site - or just come for individual workshops if you are fairly local.
    Hi Isabella

I was looking to go to the meeting on the Broads but it's looking less likely and this is so much easier. I can bring a couple of the exotic Apache's as well.

Cheers

Mark
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com

Hi Mark,

The official event has been cancelled but hopefully there are going to be peer paddles arranged instead. Might be worth dropping Sue an email.

Sadly we had to cancel the OCA Cumbria Easter Meet because we did not have, at this stage, sufficient bookings to make the event financially viable.
    We felt that it was only fair on coaches, leaders and supporters to give them a reasonable amount of time to make alternative arrangements for the Easter weekend.
    However, some trips and workshops will run, together with some peer paddles.
    More details later.
    Please pm me if you want to register interest. There should be a good few places available, but people who were originally booked on the sessions will, of course, be given priority.

These are provisional details:

Friday April 19th Fast boats and Bent paddles with Alistair Hornby .Lancaster Canal. Half day. 3 places. 15 per person..
    Friday April 19th Introduction to moving water with Pete Montadon. Half day. 4 places.15 per person.
    Sat April 20th Leven Estuary Trip with Mac Knowles. 6 places. 25 per boat. A middle of the day big Spring tide.
    Saturday April 20th Expedition Navigation skills with Simon McElroy – for those of you who want to expedition independently on Scottish lochs and sea lochs, or Northern Ireland Loughs and waterways. An on-the-water day, followed by a beach BBQ, and then a night navigation experience.8 places. All inclusive price 45 per person.
    Sunday April 21st. Ravenglass estuaries. High Tide a metre less than Saturday - but should still give a good run. A peer trip.8 boats.
    Monday April 22nd Introduction to canoe poling workshop with Pete Montadon. Half day. 15 per person.
    Monday April 22nd Fast boats and Bent paddles with Alistair Hornby. Derwentwater. Half day. 3 places..15 per person.

Confirmation of details later – but If you want to join one of these events, then you must book directly with the organiser - Sue Brighouse :
    suecanoemails@btinternet.com
    Priority will be given to those people who had originally booked on the weekend.