Thread: Windsor Racecourse Fireworks 3rd November 2018

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

Default Windsor Racecourse Fireworks 3rd November 2018

At 6:00 pm on November 3rd I will be paddling up the Thames from Windsor and Eton Sea Cadets with the Canoe-camping Club to watch the 'Spooktacular' fireworks .

We'll hope to have jacket spuds and soup afterwards back at the Cadet Unit for a small fee, and it also has a licensed bar:- as well as bottled cider, lager and the usual spirits, we'll have some guest Rebellion Brewery Ales.

It's possible to 'moor' overnight on the Island by the Canoe Club - the mooring bailiff is on duty from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and the mooring fee is 8. PM me for further details. There is parking available adjacent to the Canoe Club and Cadet Unit.

The nearest proper camping options are Swiss Cottage in Henley, Riverside Park in Hurley, or Chertsey C&CC site.

This was last year's event http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...-November-2017
    Last edited by Fran; 23rd-September-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: change set-off time from 7:00 to 6:00 pm
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Unfortunately its the same weekend as the Hallowscreen event, so I won't make it this year.

Fran, looking at your link to the Spooktacular racecourse page, it says the Fireworks start at 6.30pm.

Then its a screening of Ghostbusters - not sure if this is a float-in cinema as well as a drive-in!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Fran, looking at your link to the Spooktacular racecourse page, it says the Fireworks start at 6.30pm.
    Thanks Mal - I pretty much copied and edited last year's post, but left the time intact. Our set off time will be 6 pm.

Then its a screening of Ghostbusters - not sure if this is a float-in cinema as well as a drive-in!
    I don't think so
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Unfortunately its the same weekend as the Hallowscreen event, so I won't make it this year.
    I hadn't actually twigged that Hallowscreen was an event! - I didn't click on the link, and just assumed that Magikelly would be announcing winners.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Fran - in a similar position to Mal on this one. Sorry to have to miss it as I always enjoyed it, especially the after firework catering ....
    Already down for Hallowscreen

Perhaps we can get the racecourse to move it to another weekend given the amount we pay to see the fireworks

Fran - Very much a ditto situation for me as above, after very much rushing in to add my Nom de Guerre to the Hallowscreen meet....naturally, as one would!

Reviewing my diary, I note now that I have nigh on a year in advance, booked off the week Monday 29th Oct - Monday 5th Nov, to enjoy the endless paddle pleasures of both Halloween & Bonfire/Fireworks night this year....only now to be banjaxed by a conflixture of dates!

I remember saying to you last year that I would be along for the 2018 fireworks.....so, best now that I stick to my guns!

Have in the mean time messaged The Patterdale Paddler, Hippo and Terry Young about about a pre- Halloween meet on the Nene, and need very much to get back to them....but, think now that this meet might conflict with the Hallowscreen meet....

Very much now caught between a rock and a hard place!

With a final thought now being....you know those Thursday night paddle-meets on the Wey, maybe bringing the 1st of Novembers paddle back a day to Wednesday 31st of October for a Halloween Special!? - Just a thought, that's all!
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 29th-September-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    Keep yer paddles wet, and powder dry....

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>