Thread: Hi from Falkirk...

Default Hi from Falkirk...

Hi, I'm Raymond and live in the Falkirk area, Carronshore to be exact. At the beginning of the year I bought myself a Galaxy Sit-on-top kayak and I've had a great time in it but I've now raided my wife's bank account and bought her (me) a nice new Venture Prospector 155 canoe. My usual haunts are Loch Lubnaig and the Venachar but i'm always on the lookout for more places to go. I've been reading the posts on Song of the Paddle for some time now, so I think it's about time I joined in the fun...
    Raymond

Hello and Welcome!

You've some lovely lochs up there within an hour or so, and the whole highlands beyond there. Lucky you!

Welcome to the forum. I foresee a long list of chores in your future, payment for which will be permission to join her in her canoe!
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com

Hi Mal, yeh there are some great places not too far from here .... Even better if we could get some nice weather. Unfortunately MultiMark, I already have the long list of chores from the wife but I'm quite lucky as i have a bad memory and selective hearing!

Journal Entries

Welcome aboard fella, I am literally just along the road from you (in Larbert/Stenny) I am usually on Loch Ard but tbh most of the Trossachs works well. For canal stuff, I usually head to Linlithgow to the Sea Scout hut on the west side of the town. Not found any real good put ins any closer.
    Cheers,

Alan

Hi Chainsaw, nice to hear from you, I was brought up in Stenny, just up from the Carron Dams. Talking about the canals, have you tried putting in at Greenband Rd, Tamfourhill? there's parking for about 5 cars. I had a wee paddle there a few days ago and went through the Dark Tunnel for the first time, and the falkirk wheel is also not far away.

Journal Entries

Welcome from another sort of local Hopefully meet you on the water sometime.
    John

Heedthebaw,

Try Stirling and Flakirk Canoe club. You could easily go out every other week on some kind of outing. There are a fair few open canoeists. They have a facebook page.

PM me if you are free on a Friday and fancy some one to go out with. I live up by the high station.

Adrian