Thread: End-Of-Summer Excursion....

Default End-Of-Summer Excursion....

I haven't really been putting trips on here for a while, but this place is one of my favorites for shorter 3 or 4 day jaunts, so i thought i'd put some views of it up.

This weekend is a long weekend here (a 'bank holiday' I think.. ?? ) in honor of Labor Day (which I know is May 1st over there, but anyway...) so off I went north to a couple of little lakes that i have been visiting each year for a long time. Nobody ever goes there, and it's beautiful - and only about 4 hours from home!

Got launched & paused for the obligatory shot...

Perfect weather - wind only around 10 kph, and temperatures around 27'C... poked around to figure out which of my fave spots i wanted to stop at, and chose this one:

It has a normally really easy take-out onto a flat slab of granite, but this year there has been almost zero rain, so low water made the landing a bit more trying... but all went well...

Got all set up......

And, of course, this being the Canadian Shield (which is essentially one GIANT slab of granite.....), tent pegs are of no use at all .. so we use those specialized 'Shield Pegs'....

All settled - all mod cons, as they say - supervised as always, by The Boy.......

That first night it got really cold for this time of year - down i guess to around 10'C or so - nobody forecast it, so a bit of a surprise, but it made for a kinda neat view in the morning with the cold air over the warm water...

Another gorgeous evening....

And time to head for home...

Hope you enjoyed having a look.

Looked ideal sk8r . thanks for posting.
    Atb Terry

Lovely looking spot for a few days.

Good job you carried those special Shield Pegs

Nice spot and some great pics. My cousin recently moved to Thunder Bay so I have got to visit.....hoping for similar scenery.
    Last edited by kmac; 4th-September-2018 at 05:42 AM.

looks like a perfect spot for a perfect few days.
    in the 2nd picture, what's that tarp cloth over the front of the canoe? shade for wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by lowlander View Post
    in the 2nd picture, what's that tarp cloth over the front of the canoe? shade for wizard?
    Its to hide the airbags....

Quote Originally Posted by lowlander View Post
    looks like a perfect spot for a perfect few days.
    Yes, rain-and-sun cover for The Boy. Also has carpeting installed. Not that he's spoiled or anything......

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Its to hide the airbags....

LOL yeah i bet mal is right and you just rigged up that 1st class compartment for the fourlegger, to make a quick photo to fool us!