Thread: Hello from the Adirondacks - NY USA!

Default Hello from the Adirondacks - NY USA!

I just found this little forum while surfing the interweb looking for information on Wannigans! I'm glad to be here.

I currently paddle a 16' Old Towne Royalex and a 14' Placid Boatworks Pack Boat (which I should have purchased years ago - my back thanks me on portages now)!

Be seeing you around.

Wilderness Gary

Hello and Welcome!

Good to have you aboard. The little pack canoe sounds like something you don't get many of over here on t'other side of the pond.

Welcome from the bigger continent too
    I’m hoping you post some blogs and show us your local area. I’ve spent a bit of time on and off over in the US and I’ve always been envious of the terrain that you have.
    Happy to have you here mate
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Journal Entries

Welcome again. I’m getting to the stage where my back is beginning to petition for a light canoe. Problem is my heart is also petitioning for a cedar canvas canoe
    John

My canoe buddy and I are taking out the Old Town this weekend for a mini camping expedition. Hard to beat the Old Town in a tandem paddle when you need to haul some gear. A very stable work horse. But, it's a PITA to portage more than a couple hundred yards. Hopefully the tump line I just made for it will alieve that a bit.

The Placidboatworks.com Rapidfire is great for day trips and would probably be good for short solo camping trips. ~23# portage weight makes me feel like I'm only 40 again!

Journal Entries

I famously don’t portage more than from the car to the water and back. I took up canoeing so the canoe could carry all my crap not the other way round
    John