Thread: Wildcamping Near Oban

Default Wildcamping Near Oban

Hi Folks

Planning to do a one night wild camp near Oban in a couple of weeks.

I will have a car, a SOT, a Gumotex Solar 410 and a mate with me, so hoping for a nice gentle afternoon paddle to a secluded camping/hammocking spot.

All and any suggestions welcome

Bren

I've camped a couple of times on the headland on the West side of Barnacarry Bay, about 8km South of Oban. If you go into L Feochan (fast & unusual tides), the woods on the North side look possible for hammocking, but I haven't tried them. When paddling from Oban (or taking my boat on the ferry) I've parked on the promenade by the sailing club, about 1km from the town centre on the coast road South (but the spaces get filled up quickly). North of the town, if I remember right, it's mostly agricultural.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_B View Post
    I've camped a couple of times on the headland on the West side of Barnacarry Bay, about 8km South of Oban. If you go into L Feochan (fast & unusual tides), the woods on the North side look possible for hammocking, but I haven't tried them. When paddling from Oban (or taking my boat on the ferry) I've parked on the promenade by the sailing club, about 1km from the town centre on the coast road South (but the spaces get filled up quickly). North of the town, if I remember right, it's mostly agricultural.
    Thanks Chris, that sounds like a good option, I was thinking of going north, but looking at the map I think south is a better way to go.