Thread: New in Leeds

Default New in Leeds

Hi all
    i am simon
    just got an old otter Canadian style canoe I use with my son ( when he is in the mood&#129324
    looking for a sit in touring canoe now want to get out more -hunting eBay and gumtree like mad.
    even loooking for someone to get out with too , not really looking for a club
    self employed and work alone so donít meet people at work and donít know anyone in Leeds not my home town ( Southampton) and travel a lot with work too
    thanks

Hello and Welcome!

There's a small but active Yorkshire contingent, hopefully somebody will be along soon to say hi.

Thanks ��

Default Thanks

Thanks 👍

Hi Simon. There's a few of us in S and W Yorks who meet up from time to time. Plenty of canals and easy rivers to explore in the region too.

Hi Simon, Good to have you aboard, I am based outside of Hull, but have not got as far west as Leeds yet for paddling but its only 45 miles or thereabouts. I am sure you will make contact with some of us soon.
    Cheers
    Calefactio orbis? Culus meus!!

Hi Rimfire
    i have only used the River Derwent at the moment at Malton it’s nice quiet and relaxing river.
    i also have just bought a dragger tourer now for wild camping trips to lakes and Scotland
    I am dyslexic So can’t always follow text.

Hi Gordon
    thanks for saying hi
    must say stunning pictures of your trips love the dog too I have a long haired German sherpard too.
    It looks like you do the kind of trips I would be interested in!
    Please let me know when your next meeting is I like to come along
    ps not free until September I will be away with work
    my email is simon.funs@yahoo.com
    Cheers
    simon

Hi Simon, although I'm originally from Leeds I now live in the Ripon area quite close to the river Ure and paddle it regularly, especially from Hackfall Woods to Sleningford. Also have paddled the Wharfe and the Aire, including the 'Dark Arches' under Leeds City Station and back along the canal. Get in touch if you need a companion to paddle with any time. Pete.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by polecat View Post
    Hi Simon, although I'm originally from Leeds I now live in the Ripon area quite close to the river Ure and paddle it regularly, especially from Hackfall Woods to Sleningford. Also have paddled the Wharfe and the Aire, including the 'Dark Arches' under Leeds City Station and back along the canal. Get in touch if you need a companion to paddle with any time. Pete.
    Hi Pete
    sounds like a plan I am just off to ireland for work until 30th of August.
    i will message you when I get back
    thanks for making contact
    simon

Hi Pete
    well I am back in Leeds after working away
    but Friday to Monday in Scotland with my two man otter canoe for the weekend
    also collected my second hand dagger Charleston today too.
    love to meet up just bear with me thanks