Thread: Tiverton down to Bickleigh or further

Default Tiverton down to Bickleigh or further

Hi all
    Does anyone know please if it is possible to launch open canoes in at Tiverton and out and/or round the waterfall at The Fishermans Cot"/Trout Inn area at Bickleigh Devon. Took a look at the waterfall and it looks like we would have to run it.

Yes, you can do that, there is a carpark right by the weir in Tiverton and you can get out just below the bridge at Bickleigh. If you want to extend just a bit, you can launch at Bolham just north of Tiverton by Bolham weir.

Thanks Adrian

I dont suppose you can tell me which side to head for going down. Will just save us a trip toBickleigh to look

Jim

Hi Jim

Not sure exactly what you mean but get on in Tiverton river right, get on at Bolham river left, get out at Bickleigh river left. As I recall there is a pub directly onto the river on the right so it would be bad manners to get out there unless you ask in advance. But river left there is a small beach and a short climb to the road so carry over the bridge to the pub. Parking I don't recall so you'll need to work that out when you get there.

Thanks Adrian
    Jim