Thread: Sea kayak

Default Sea kayak

Hi all,
    A long shot I know, but Sotp rarely fails to answer in some way!

I'm looking to buy a P&H Scorpio sea kayak, either HV or MV, ideally in corelite X. Any suggestions, sellers or pointers?
    Andy,
    (Cumbria)

Summit to sea Pete Baar on Anglesey, go kayaking at Runcorn, I just sold mine, and could have done several times over, get the one with a skeg rather than the skudder, for the hv you need to be in the weight range its a big boat! worth a look on the face book kayaks for sale pages, or ask on sea kayak uk. good luck.

Thanks for the reply Peter - got my fingers in all the pies you've suggested. How did you find the boat - I haven't demod one yet but the internet seems to rate them highly.
    Andy,
    (Cumbria)

very good boat, not as fast as a Cetus, it has very good pri stability and pretty good secondary stab. the day hatch leaked ( common) but go kayaking exchanged no problem both mine and the wifes (lv) hatches. more robust than a composite boat, I only had mine for about 18 mths then got a cetus and a delphin, for rock bashing, surfing etc, there are several composite boats about second hand, for a similar price of a new corelite x, I would demo as many different boats as you can...Pete Baar at summit to sea has a decent fleet, I would look for one that I was in the middle of its weight range, with the kit normally carried. I really wanted to like the NDK romany but found it uncomfortable, but still a great boat.

Did you ever paddle the Mk 1 boat, also seems to get good reviews apart from needing skeg to track (straight or manoeuvrability a trade off with any boat) and not being brilliant in Furness a following sea.
    Andy,
    (Cumbria)

Sorry never been in a mk1 but I know people who have them, seem happy with them, when they are side by side you notice how much they have changed.

Default https://www.facebook.com/groups/615366035173511/?fref=nf

Hi Andy,
    I don't know if you've added to the fleet yet but there's one for sale up in Fort Bill onUsed kayak/Accesories UK in a rather fetching yellow.
    There's a Bluebird in my heart

I know of a 6 yr old Scorpio for sale in Kendal. Think the asking price is 600. PM me if you are interested and I will give you the contact details.