Thread: Good evening

Default Good evening

Hi everyone Im Simon, very new to all this have a you prospector 16 and learning how to kit it out and where to use it I live near Leicester any ideas? Any information or help would be greatly appreciated please.

Hello and Welcome!

I'm guessing that's a Hou, not a you. Great canoe for the money!

There's an active East Midlands contingent already, have a look at the current Midsummer thread to see the sort of thing they get up to, with guests like myself.

The Soar is a good choice, but you've obviously got the Trent nearby, several canoes, and a few other lovely rivers like the Idle to the north, and the Welland, Nene and Great Ouse to the south. Have a good gander on Paddle Points to get some ideas.

http://www.paddlepoints.net/PaddlePo...tion=Leicester

Happy paddlin'

Thank you so much sorry joined too late am very inexperienced to be fair tho looking for someone to help me get better but places say you have to use therecanoe and want to use mine also have a 4 year old that loves the canoe and more the wildlife.

Have joined paddle point too how many hours has that guy put into setting it up it’s amazing and so so accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Thank you so much sorry joined too late am very inexperienced to be fair tho looking for someone to help me get better but places say you have to use therecanoe and want to use mine also have a 4 year old that loves the canoe and more the wildlife.
    I suspect you've been to some private lakes then? On the canals and rivers, nobody has the right to charge you (other than any relevant licence which Canoe England membership covers most of) or make you use their canoe. On private lakes, its not so easy

Have joined paddle point too how many hours has that guy put into setting it up it’s amazing and so so accurate
    The joy of PPs is that all members add their own local put ins and other points, hence it has grown so much in the last 5 or 6 years. No one person has to do all the work, though the owner, Ben, has done a huge amount, especially with tracing the core river networks.

Thank you so much sorry joined too late am very inexperienced to be fair tho looking for someone to help me get better....
    I wouldn’t worry about that, we all started that way. Keep an eye out for meets near you in the meetings section and go along. People will help.

Also so consider a little coaching either via a club or one on one. If you do it early (unlike me) it pays off.
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    We will make your trip work

Thank you for all the help and info will keep looking for places to learn and meet ups, people ok if you rock up with a 4 year old? He is very well behaved and listens to everything especially anythignto do with the outdoors.