Thread: Site issues today, 5 July

Default Site issues today, 5 July

The site has been down most of the day for me, from my broadband connection, but working on my phone. My ISP (TalkTalk) looked into it and say the problem was on uk2. Anyone else have problems?

there is no problem with the site if it works on your broadband at home, but not on your phone. the problem is with your phone or the pone's network.

No, it was the other way round. It worked on the phone, but only if I used the Google date compression, and it didn't work on my PC using my broadband. But I traced the route through 7 hops to one of the ISP's servers, so I know it wasn't my PC or router, or DNS, or anti-malware, and the ISP were able to replicate the problem. They traced it a problem at uk2, where the site is hosted - so I thought that might be useful information.

ah got it, thanks. i'll highlight it to our admins.

There appears to be an ongoing issue with TalkTalk and UK2 https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...lktalk_outage/

Thanks, unique, that's consistent with what I experienced. Looks like it's not an issue with the site itself at all. My phone worked because the traffic was going via Google, not directly between TalkTalk & UK2.

Journal Entries

Yes it was an issue UK2.net had. Basically if you were using talktalk you couldn’t access the site. Fixed now as I’m at work using talktalk