Thread: River Wye Canoe Hire

Default River Wye Canoe Hire

Good afternoon,

I hope that you are all well.

I am wanting to hire a canoe for River Wye use for a day and happy to float on the Wye starting possibly at Hereford but will consider any starting point between Glasbury and Symonds Yat.

Could anyone please advise on the best companies to contact regarding hire, prices etc?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Iíve had first hand experience Wyedean based in Symonds Yat East. Iíve used them for day trips and multi day trips and theyíve been great. Take a look at their website for suggested trips. Recently did Ross to Monmouth. Absolutely stunning. Iíve also used a company near Three Cocks. I think it was Black Mountain Adventures. Also very good.

The "Want to Canoe" folk just by Hay Bridge are extremely helpful, and have helped a number of members and events for open canoes. I don't think any of the several business are bad though.

I would suggest that either Glasbury to Whitney, Whitney to Byecross, or the Ross-Monmouth bit mentioned, are nicer than the section below Hereford.

Wye Valley Canoes at Glasbury have been very helpful to me, lending me gear - in return for me using their cafť (which I do anyway) - when I wasn't even hiring from them. They also have a bunkhouse.

Very many thanks for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated.

I have had a look at the Wyedean website and it looks very good so will be giving them a call to arrange canoe hire.

Once again thank you very much.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pompeywasp View Post
    Hi Paul,

I’ve had first hand experience Wyedean based in Symonds Yat East. I’ve used them for day trips and multi day trips and they’ve been great. Take a look at their website for suggested trips. Recently did Ross to Monmouth. Absolutely stunning. I’ve also used a company near Three Cocks. I think it was Black Mountain Adventures. Also very good.

Thank you very much Mal for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated.

It looks like we will try the Ross to Symonds Yat stretch for a day on the river in the next week or two so are going to give Wyedean a call and arrange. I will however bear in mind ''Want to Canoe'' should we attempt the other stretche that you have kindly recommended.

Thank you.

Paul

Thank you very much bearbait for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated.
    We are going to give the Ross to Symonds Yat stretch a paddle sowill give wyedean a try but will certainly consider Wye Valley Canoes at Glasbury a try in the future.

Thank you.

Paul