Thread: Just starting back

Default Just starting back

It's been a while since I was here. Haven't paddled for such a long time now after my paddling partner had to give up due to a back injury. He was the skill and I was the learner and we paddled many of the lakes in the lake district. I now live in sunny Cornwall and brought my Bell Chestnut Prospector with me intending to get back on the water. It's been so long now that a couple of months ago I decided the time had come to sell her, thankfully I talked myself out of it.

I have now decided it is time to head back to the water and need to get my confidence back. I have a couple of willing friends who want to paddle with me but before I get to that point I need to paddle with someone experienced or a club or group. I am based only a few miles from the Fowey River and just wondered if there were any members in the area who I could pair up with or clubs I could join.

Thanks in advance

Welcome back and well done on hanging on to your canoe, it’s a rare one. Not in your area so can’t help with your main question, however, as an experienced paddler you’re probably a lot further on than you think. Perhaps a one to one day with a paddling coach might be another option and then find a quiet place to practise your skills.
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com

Thanks for this, hadn't thought of that route so I am now looking into it