Thread: Waterproof Map Case?

Default Waterproof Map Case?

I've been using my Ortlieb map case, which has stood me in good stead for many years (read decades) hiking, in my canoe. However when it's lying in the bottom of the boat with a little rain/spray/paddle drip swilling around in the bilge I'm getting my maps wet through seepage through the velcro seal.

Any recommendations for a waterproof map case for canoeing?

Ta.

I was thinking about trying the Lifeventure Hydroseal. My phone lives in a smaller Hydroseal case, and frequently sits in the puddle at the bottom of the canoe in the rain, and its never leaked a drop after a couple of years, despite being scratched and battered now. The press seal, as long as you do it up carefully, seems excellent. The Velcro flap that goes over the top, mind you, didn't "stick" for long, but does get very dirty. Doesn't seem to matter. The only thing that's stopped me is the price, and the vague thought that I keep meaning to just get a laminator and print out from OS Maps website.

Have a look at the Axel pack map case available from sea kayaking Cornwall. These are expensive but bomb proof. I use mine sea kayaking and it has proved waterproof and durable. It also fits different map sizes.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Those nice OS people do waterproof maps..

A little spendy but nice.
    This post may vanish at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DougR View Post
    Those nice OS people do waterproof maps..

A little spendy but nice.
    Yeah, that's what I use a lot of the time.

Journal Entries

Buy some waterproof paper and print your own! Check out here, I've never looked back, gave me an excuse to update my mapping SW
    Cheers,

Alan