Thread: Wanted - Canoe for 2 adults a 2 little ones

Default Wanted - Canoe for 2 adults a 2 little ones

I started looking at inflatables but for some reason I'm being drawn to Canadian canoes. If anyone knows of one going, please let me know. Preferably with paddles, trolley etc.

Thanks

You might want to add approximate location, Inverness won't be ideal if you live in Plymouth, and maybe an idea of budget.

Definitely the right thing to do, though!

Thanks Mal. I live in North west Lancashire. Budget around 300

Quote Originally Posted by ralphster View Post
    being drawn to Canadian canoes
    How old are the two "little ones"?

10 and 8. Thanks

10 and 8. Thanks
    OK - you need to be looking at a minimum of two boats!

Most canoes sold in the UK are tandems: you can go solo but they do better when you are joined by a partner. Beyond that, most boats starts getting crowded, unrewarding and potentially dangerous.

Your 8 and 10 year old should be able to manage a boat between them for short journeys in sheltered water. Take one each as adults (in two boats) and you should be OK doing longer and more challenging trips.

For now you could perhaps use the 300 to join a club that has lots of different options. Maybe one of you will end up solo in a canoe, two others tandem in a second canoe and one solo in a kayak.

Clubs are great for finding out what works before you buy stuff!

I started looking at inflatables but for some reason I'm being drawn to Canadian canoes. If anyone knows of one going, please let me know. Preferably with paddles, trolley etc.

Thanks
    I have a 16 foot Canadian red cedar canoe( new) can be car topped , stripped planked, two paddles, no trolley can be seen on gum tree
    will take two adults plus small children, this is my final build as I'm now 79, she is a real beauty my lowest price 1,500.
    would be interested to hear from you .
    Ray Ackland