Thread: Getting your knees in the breeze

Default Getting your knees in the breeze

Hi all

I used to paddle many years ago in my 20's (John Anderson was on my team :-)) sounds like I must be a great paddler doesn't it. In reality, John was the team captain and was often getting out of his boat while we were still puffing like steam trains or bailing out after capsizing.

Anyway, I dabbled in Kayak Surfing, K1 marathons and a bit of White Water, eventually I really enjoyed paddling an old Canadian bath tub after I was taught the J stroke. After a visit to Fell Foot Park at the southern end of windermere yesterday and seeing so many people out on the water we decided to get a boat for the family.

We have yet to decide, but that's a question to be asked on the forums so I look forward to your advice.

Thanks all, paddles up is what they say isn't it/ Or am I showing my age?

Hello and Welcome!

Dunno about paddles up, but as long as the canoe is the right way up, all is good.

Yes you are showing your age. I guess few below the age of 50 will know to what you refer.

I have re read your post and assume this is a warning for us to be ready for a barrage of questions. Bring it on.

Impcanoe

Thanks :-) I'll ask the question in the right forum, but as of yet, I'm unable to start a new thread. Is this something which a site admin needs to enable?

You should be able to start a thread now (except in classifieds), think its 3 posts before you can. If not, PM the moderator team via Contact Us at the bottom right.