Thread: Hi

Talking Hi

Long time occasional lurker and it's about time I got my feet wet here as for years I have been using this great community to get answers. I have been kayaking on an off, far more off in recent decades, for 40 years, I got a Pelican about a decade ago and we have had some great times in it, obviously not when hefting it on to the roof rack, though I made some support rails and my wife made a cover to turn it into the biggest roof box in town.
    Because of issues with my knees I am not doing enough physical exercise lately and planning to get a far lighter boat so I can at least go up and down the Lea and Stort on my own at weekends, and with my better half and dog when she is not working. Hopefully we will have a weeks camping in the lakes or maybe Loch Lomond (that waterside site a couple of miles south of Ben Lomond). Running out of things to say, oh obviously enjoy camping, also keen cobb owner, but like paddling don't get to do it often enough.

Oh and no particular affinity to Jilted Jon, it was an OK single in my youth, but try getting Jon as a forum name if you haven't started the forum

Hi Jon and welcome, how is Julie?? Did she still dump you?

Hello and Welcome!

Sounds like you've caught the "Song" already. Good luck finding the perfect lighter canoe, and keep an eye on the meets section as you're within range of various rivers and waterways that get visited by SOTP sites fairly often.

Thanks chaps, yeah that Julie don't get me started.... Would love to come to some meets, I'm in the SE corner of Hertfordshire but happy to drive a few hundred miles on a weekend. I have been re-reading everything I can find on here to help me decided between a NC TuffStuff Pal or Bob Special and since I don't have either the room of budget for both I am pretty sure it will be a Pal, though I believe either would be a great boat.

The Pal in Tuffstuff is indeed an excellent boat, and would be perfect for your needs.

Journal Entries

Welcome me to Song of the Paddle

Quote Originally Posted by Jilted Jon View Post
    and dog when she is not working.
    So what sort of job does your dog have?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Welcome me to Song of the Paddle

So what sort of job does your dog have?
    Ensuring I never appear in public without a layer of white dog hair on my clothing.

I picked up a nice TuffStuff Pal today from @Duck_Feet, great guy he up sold me a paddle and gave me a pair of knee pads as I forgot I needed something to keep the ratchets on my straps off the gelcoat.

20180630_202805.jpg

Sadly I won't get a chance to put her in the water for a couple of weeks as we are away on hols.
    Last edited by Jilted Jon; 30th-June-2018 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Smelling mismake

Well an excellent choice sir. Are you going to give it a name?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

That looks the business. Congratulations on your new arrival. Are you sure it can't go with you on your hols!?

I think Ryan Air would charge a limb for that

I'm unlike to name her, but it's not a policy and if inspiration strikes...