Thread: The Kids are alright

Default The Kids are alright

A short version of a school trip I just went on with my daughter's class. 5 days up on the Churchill River in northern Saskatchewan.

Lucky kids! That looks great. Met some D of E groups on the Medway today and they were going OK but didn't look nearly as happy as those kids did on a muddy portage!

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Lucky kids! That looks great. Met some D of E groups on the Medway today and they were going OK but didn't look nearly as happy as those kids did on a muddy portage!
    I know grown men who would have cried on that muddy portage. 5 days of rain, sunshine, thunder, 5 portages (one over a km), one tipped canoe and all cooking their own meals and not a single meltdown in a group of 14 year olds. This generation will be fine!

Journal Entries

Lots of happy faces there. I’m sure some new canoe enthusiasts were made on that trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Lots of happy faces there. I’m sure some new canoe enthusiasts were made on that trip.
    Some life changing experiences. An appreciation for wild places, an appreciation for activity and learning. This kids canoed and fished (cooking and eating what they caught) and swam and not a single phone in sight. There's no cell coverage up there anyway!

a really big

Here is a slightly longer version:

Nice video - loved the muddy portage but it's the kids' smiles and engaged faces that are most memorable.
    A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope - Epictetus

Brilliant! Planting the seed.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.