Thread: FS Gumotex Baraka

Default FS Gumotex Baraka

It has been paddled only a few times (and by me only on lakes) so it has a couple of marks on the hulls /bottom but is otherwise in very near new condition. Its in red and comes in its own dry bag/rucksack and all the bits and pieces you get with the new boat (seats, whitewater straps etc).

500 + delivery costs

I'm based in Lancaster.

It weighs 23kg and packs compactly so courier carriage is possible - I think I paid around 30 but if you are interested I can get a proper quote.

If interested I can email photos etc.

Hi Lime
    I live in Lancaster and wondering if the boat is still for sale. If it is could I pop round and see it?
    many thanks
    Alex

Absolutely I think most nights (except Fri) this week are fine... preferably after 7:30 so the children are asleep!

Would tomorrow ( wednesday) be ok for you? I would aim to be with you about 8pm
    I cant work out how to PM you but my email address is rookiereverend@me.com if you are happy to send address etc
    many thanks
    Alex

That is fine - I will email you direct.

The Baraka is still available.

It might be helpful to others to set out the manufacturers specifications:

Description

BARAKA is a river canoe with a self-bailing floor that can handle white water up to Gr. 3 white water. The boat has a rigid hull that handles well in rapids. BARAKA provides its crew with many useful features and fittings and with plenty of inside space. The boat is designed for two adults plus a child, up to 350 kg max load. BARAKA is the right choice for paddlers, who are shopping for a boat designed without compromises.

http://www.gumotexboats.com/baraka-red

There is also an excellent review showing the Baraka in it's natural home:

http://www.vodak-sport.cz/recenze/ba...oko-k2/?lang=1

7. Default

Can the self bailing be sealed? I'm on the lookout for a second hand pavala/scout for family use on canals/lochs/gentle rivers but they are as rare as hens teeth. Could be tempted by the Baraka instead. Do you think it is a good option for family use?

Hello Morrison1984,

The self bailing can be sealed (it is essentially the same sort of system as a drybag e.g. you fold it over and roll it down and clip it). It is certainly good for family use in that it is a bit bigger than the palava - we have had two adults and three toddlers in it on Coniston. It is also very high quality so you don't get the "sagging" that you would get with a family in a less good inflatable. I would point out that it is more of a river boat in that it is highly manoeuvrable and easy to steer but more difficult to keep in a straight line with a solo paddler into a headwind on a windy loch (which is why Rookie Reverend decided against it). We certainly found that for lakes with a bit of wind it was better with two paddlers.

9. Default

hello! I'm sorry, I'm new on this site and I wanted to create a new subjet, a new post to meet paddlers but didn't find where!!! So I decided to answer your post to ask how you did it.. Sorry, I'm french and don't understand how works the site.... thanks for your answer.. and good luck for selling

Quote Originally Posted by frenchdjack View Post
    hello! I'm sorry, I'm new on this site and I wanted to create a new subjet, a new post to meet paddlers but didn't find where!!! So I decided to answer your post to ask how you did it.. Sorry, I'm french and don't understand how works the site.... thanks for your answer.. and good luck for selling
    Well welcome to the site and thank you for the "free bump"! I see you have managed to start a thread elsewhere so you probably know the answer to your question now but basically you select which part of the forum you want to post in and click "+Post New Thread".

Kind regards

Lime

I would be very interested in the Baraka.

Can you email me some photos?

Certainly - I will take some tonight.

Thank you, photos received, looks really good.

Will continue via pm

14. Default

Is this still for sale?

Hi Ralphster,

Agreed a sale in principle with Craig G.... and a couple of others have messaged to indicate interest - I will update on here when sold or indeed if it becomes available.

Kind regards

Lime