Thread: Alreet new paddler from gateshead tyne and wear

1. Default Alreet new paddler from gateshead tyne and wear

Hello i came across this site from a recommendation on ukriversguidebook. what a cracking forum it is i didnt know these things existed any more haha.

I have just recently, yesterday in fact bought a old Grumman g1505c canoe from a very helpful and friendly chap local after a recent trip to keswick.
    i fell in love straight away with there camping capabilities and ultimate freedom. I am starting from the start having never paddled a canoe, only kayaks and rowing boats. Hopefully ill be able to meet up with local people for days out on the water seeing our beautiful countryside in no other better way than from the water.

Has anyone had one of these canoes before i am already thinking about getting decals made and calling it deliverance for obvious reasons haha.

cheers and hello from me once again
    Last edited by libertinexjrs; 6th-June-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Hilibetinxjrs and welcome aboard

Cheers
    Tim

Paddles a Prospector

3. Default

Cheers matey

Journal Entries

Welcome. You don’t see a huge amount of the Grumman canoes so looking forward to seeing you blogg your trips.

5. Default

All I've seen is people moaning that they get stuck on rock's too hot in summer and too cold in winter which is easily sorted by not trying to paddle on rock's and fit it with a thin layer of foam matting. I can't really go wrong for £175 for an ally boat that can always be repaired using a ally welder.

Hello and Welcome!

Sounds like you have yourself a bargain.