Thread: Not paddled in ages ...

monkey_pork is offline a wind age, a wolf age - before the world goes headlong Super Moderator

Default Not paddled in ages ...

I'm posting this rant as I've not been in my boat for such a span of time, it's best quantified in geological timeframes. Not through any lack of desire, indeed, exactly the opposite - but through a lack of time. That old chestnut.

Granted, I have been extraordinarily and flat-out busy for the good last few months, working to get our new site's infrastructure and hardware ready, so hopefully it's a one off, but it's got to the point that I feel like a fraud claiming to be a paddler !

Still, summer's on it's way, the long evenings beckon, and hundereds of hours of lieu time are there to be used up ... so I'm sure it'll all be fine.

I have been reading everyone's posts tho' to stay upto date, even if I'll have trouble recalling which end of a paddle goes in the water.

See you on the water soon !

Journal Entries

When I was setting the site up one of my goals was not to torture those who could not get out for a while but if it had been, making them a moderator and getting them to read all posts would be the way to make it excruciating

Patience grasshopper, your time will come soon

Default keep heart!

a big thank-you to MK and MP!
    i hope this site isn't keeping you in...
    i managed a trip out but not bloggable (staffordshire & worcestershire canal near Wolverly).
    my family had vanished off to welsh water beyond my skills - so the canal it was. A friend was trying her new boat. We both enjoyed! it gave us a chance to practice our skills especially trimming into the wind and relish pretty surroundings; saw ducks and woodpeckers.
    keep heart till your next outing...

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by southstaffsboater
    a big thank-you to MK and MP!
    i hope this site isn't keeping you in...
    Not at all. I am daft but I am not stupid

Got out for a couple of hours in my new canoe today but still feeling a little fragile from a bug I had. Proper test next weekend though, hopefully.

You're a glutton for punishment alright.

Getting back on thread, I just had my first paddle for ages(the last couple the wind done most of the work) and it's scary the way my endurance has dropped off over the winter.
    Last summer was my first paddling so I've just done the newbie ache and pain regiem, looks like I'll be doing it again this year .
    Picture yourself in a boat on a river,

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by monkey_pork
    I've not been in my boat for such a span of time, it's best quantified in geological timeframes
    You have my sympathy. I am not nice to know when I don't get to paddle for a few hours. I get irrational and my forum post rate goes up while the sanity level goes down.
    There should be a law against it! (not agaist posting, against causing missed paddling days, or maybe I was right the first time)

I meen Like that old archery law but actually enforced everyone must practice thier J stroke or else.

I didn't paddle this weekend. so to stop going mad I'm going to take advantage of the lighter evenings and go for a play at Llangollen
    Hopfully tomorrow but most likely on thursday.
    Rogue