Thread: Day paddling in West Central Scotland

Default Day paddling in West Central Scotland

Hi folks,
    I joined this group some time ago but because of work and life in general have not been able to take part. Now I am semi-retired, I have more time to get on the water. I am a reasonably competent but inexperienced canoeist. I am looking for other canoeists in the West Central Scotland area to peer paddle with so I can gain more time, experience and confidence on the water. I am most interested in working on flat water with a view to exploring our beautiful lochs further afield. My aim is to get some good miles under my belt, not the most or fastest miles.
    Anyone out there interested?

Journal Entries

Yup, sure we could sort something out there are a fair few of us up here. Loch Lomond is a favourite with some but I prefer the Trossachs, central central scotland Keep your eyes open on this section for announcements or maybe check out the tours organized by the SCA, may be something on there would work
    Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Alan...

One or two on here are in Monklands Canoe Club which is not far from you, might be worth a look.
    Chris

Hi Chris,
    What would be the best way to find out/ask the canoeists from the Monklands Club if they are interested in a day paddle or two.

I have just had a few days on the side of Loch Awe nr Dalmally. Beautiful. Just wish I had taken the canoe....

It's fresh water... about 20 miles long with some islands etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcneil View Post
    Hi Chris,
    What would be the best way to find out/ask the canoeists from the Monklands Club if they are interested in a day paddle or two.
    Details are here, http://monklandscanoeclub.co.uk/ or try a private message to Phil Oakley, http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...1-philipoakley
    Chris