Thread: Solo tuffweave/Kevlar or carbon canoe wanted.

Default Solo tuffweave/Kevlar or carbon canoe wanted.

Advancing age means I am looking for a solo open boat 14 foot would be good, maybe 12’. What have you.
    even my 16’ Kevlar Prospector is a tad heavy to put on the van now.
    anyone have anything.
    To travel alone is a risky business, especially in the wilderness; equally risky is to have dreams and not follow them.

Just a bump as still looking... ��
    To travel alone is a risky business, especially in the wilderness; equally risky is to have dreams and not follow them.

Would a Mad River Freedom Solo have any appeal ? 14 ft 6 approx.

Still made of Royalex but seems very light to me ..
    I like canoes ......

A Kevlar Prospector might weigh as little as 41lbs... or might be almost double that.

Switching to a solo can certainly get the weight WAY down... but how light do you want to go? Give us an idea!

My Kevlar Prospector weighs about 50 Lbs since I replaced the gunnels, kneeling thwart etc a couple of years ago.
    Would like something in the 30’s, nippier and purely for solo paddling and probably some camping.

Well Northstart canoes (see marsport.co.uk) do some awesome Solo canoes that can weigh from 32lbs
    Expect to pay over GBP 2000 - I am particularly interested in the Northwind Solo and the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by kmac View Post
    Well Northstart canoes (see marsport.co.uk) do some awesome Solo canoes that can weigh from 32lbs
    Expect to pay over GBP 2000 - I am particularly interested in the Northwind Solo and the Phoenix
    if I could justify buying a new boat I would not be looking on here to see if anyone has a used one. ����

I have come across a used Swift Osprey in flax/carbon/kevlar - circa 32lbs also
    But even second hand comes in at GBP2,200 . so similar to the new Northstar
    That Swift boat new is over GBP3000