Thread: Apache 16 for sale

Default Apache 16 for sale

Tippy underneath 1.jpegTippy from front angle.jpegTippy Front Top.jpegTippy underneath closer.jpegApache 16

After six glorious years and thousands of happy miles I’ve realised it’s time to say goodbye. We’ve been to Spain and back (on top of my van), we’ve paddled on The Ebro, The Tarn, The Trent, The Ouse, The Wye, The Severn and mostly on The Thames of course.

Due to having to make space in my friend’s canoe shed I have decided to part with my old mate Tippy.

So, for sale is my Ivory Apache 16 canoe. It is made from GRP (fibreglass) and has a few light scratches from normal use. Its weight is around 30kg, so not the lightest to lift, but the beauty of GRP: it’s easy to repair should that be needed in the future.

The apache 16 is a fast and manoeuvrable boat, suitable for flat water and rivers up to grade 3. The downside of its speed and manoeuvrability is that it is a bit twitchy at slow speeds, hence us naming the boat ‘Tippy’! She is more suited to intermediate paddlers rather than beginners planning occasional trips. She is fitted with three seats so could technically be used for three people but we either use her tandem or solo siting in the middle. The secondary stability is excellent so solo paddling with the boat heeled is an option.

The boat spent some time being housed outside and has consequently picked up a bit of discolouration to the woodwork. There is a small repair to the woodwork at the bow, with filler. The wood has been sanded back and oiled several times.

The woodwork is solid and does not need be replaced, but should the new owner wish to improve aesthetics, then Apache sell replacement gunnels at reasonable costs and also provide fitting instructions.

The boat has been laced so that it’s easy to clip in gear or tie in buoyancy.

The new cost for these boats with wooden gunnels is now £1,279 so grab yourself a bargain. The boat is currently in Caversham, Berkshire. I’m looking for offers around £440.

Thanks for looking.

FergusDTippy and Me.JPG.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FergusD; 14th-June-2018 at 08:12 AM.

2. Default

Hello -- have u sold the Apache yet? Regards Tom