Thread: A Short Trip Round Uisken Bay

Cool A Short Trip Round Uisken Bay

We're still on holiday and my wifi is still working so it's time for another bloggage for all you SOTPers out there.
    Uisken, from the Gaelic Uisgean meaning "water bay" apparently and who am I to argue?
    We reached it after a 3 mile drive from our holiday cottage along a singletrack road across moorland where we saw Buzzards and Hen Harriers hunting
    (see how I suffer for these blogs?)
    to arrive at the water bay with its small car park with one other vehicle already parked - busy by Ross of Mull standards!
    We unloaded the yaks and started preparing for another fun filled trip and it wasn't long (!) before we were ready for the off.

Sunshine On Uisken

Plan Of (In)Action

Still Sunny

It was sometime around this point that I realised that my camera had died!
    I keep my camera in its case clipped to my PFD when paddling or my rucksack when walking. This system has worked fine for years on most of the Lake District's lakes and mountains and several of Scotland's lochs and tops but today was too much for it.
    While launching from the beach I had crashed through a few more boisterous waves and got a bit of a soaking. My camera
    was now sitting in a pool of seawater on my sprayskirt and as soon as I was able to I checked it out. Switched on ok (phew) power light on, beeped encouragingly but screen stayed black! It's had a couple of days to dry out now but has not recovered. I reckon switching it on while full of briney was probably not the wisest move I've ever made but at least I won't try that again!
    A cautionary tale for us all and a waterproof camera goes on my xmas list.

(Thanks to Mrs.P's phone and camera for today's photos)

Also at this point the ominous cloud lurking offshore passed over us and gave us a good soaking as well!
    As Alanis Morissette might say "Oh Bugger!"

Mrs. P. Prepared For The Scottish Summer

]Go West Old Man

After first heading Westwards towards Ardalanish Bay we had a rethink after seeing the size of the waves at the point (the local fisherman on the beach on our arrival had indeed warned us of this) and headed instead to the smaller bays to the East.

Ashore at Port an t- Slaoichain

Unnamed Cove (Clint?)

Once the provisions had run out and we had explored the rocky headland we headed back to base for a spot of sunbathing on the beach (yeah, right!) before returning to our favourite seafood bar for tea.

Thanks for watching

There's a Bluebird in my heart

Fantastic place to be on the water.

Journal Entries

Still looks great and if you are still on holiday I’m expecting more sunny bloggs to follow.

Grand as ever Iain! Planning a round walney trip sometime this summer. Interested? The run from Roa to the Channel is very pleasant. Seals!
    Andy,
    (Cumbria)

Sounds like a plan Andy - I'm certainly interested!
    There's a Bluebird in my heart