Thread: hello from Montréal, Canada

Default hello from Montréal, Canada

I was looking for a way to fix my rudder and came across this site. I have to say that it is a very interesting site and has lots of information and friendly people. I think I will be looking around here. thanks for the welcome
    joe

Hello and Welcome!

Glad to have you aboard. We love to have a bit of Canadian content, after all, you are in the spiritual home of the canoe!

Hi and welcome, feel free to make us jealous with photos of epic scenery!

Salut et bienvenue
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Canoe outfitting packages in the Massif Central

Thanks for the welcome Mal. Speaking about classic canoes, i had a lovely one which was sitting at the cottage for about fifty years and I tried to re constitute it. But, I figured in the end that sailing and not fixing was my forté. There is a old canoe manufacturing place just north of Montréal where they still fabricate canoes, mostly for the Innuit in the North. A small outfit and one of the owners loves restoring canoes, so I sold it to him it was one of the classics, a Rice Lake Canoe from around 1922. here is a link to the company: http://nor-west.ca/en/. I am more of a salt water fellow myself and these canoes are mostly for lakes.

thanks for the welcome Joe

Merci beaucoup pour le bienvenue, Mark. Moi, je suis un anglophone mais je peut debruer un peu en Francais. Le forum a l'aire d'etre tres chaleures.
    Joe