Thread: Hi all, advice welcome!

Default Hi all, advice welcome!

Hi all,
    Ive just joined the forum, I'm from West Yorkshire newish to paddling having only done the odd lakes day in the distant past and I'm looking for some advice , I'm after an inflatable canoe but after googling for hours I'm still struggling, Madison , Hudson etc? I'm hoping to be doing some lakes, calm rivers and some lochs, new or used any advice would be welcome, seating comfort for an aching back a priority, as well as at least 2 seats!
    thanks Andy

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advise on here

DC

Hello and Welcome!

The key is probably how much you can afford. Along with others, I enjoyed my Sevylor Colorado when I first took up canoeing, and they still seem popular enough. However, if your budget will stretch, the performance you get from something like a Gumotex Palava or Baraka is noticeably better, and they're also more durable.

Thanks for the replies guys, unfortunately the gumotex is out of my price bracket, ideally I'll pick a good used inflatable up, that or I'll have to bite the bullet and get a new one, don't really want to go over 300 if I can help it!