Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: This is NOT a canoeing video........

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    352

    Default This is NOT a canoeing video........

    ......but you might still enjoy the view. When I canoed the Snake last year I got my wife and kids to follow me up with the truck and trailer and then we continued on round into Alaska.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fleet, Hants..
    Posts
    2,645

    Default

    Absolutely stunning, and if ever you guys and Crow get together and post a blog......my life is then over, null and void!

    Ain't never been to Alaska,, but have spent 6 months in South Georgia ....doe's that count?
    Last edited by Bonarmbj; 13th-May-2018 at 02:11 AM.
    Keep yer paddles wet, and powder dry....

    MB

    `..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Great video really enjoyed it. You managed to keep the pace up throughout including using photos.Never managed to that guess I linger too long on the photos and the audience skips off to make coffee or perhaps a stiff dram in some cases.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Bandy

    CLICK THE LINK TO THE SCOTTISH CANOE TRIPS CHANNEL FOR VIDEOS OF MY TRIPS : http://www.youtube.com/user/bandy598



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kettering Northamptonshire
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Absolutely superb.....watched in awe...great trip.

    We're paddling the Missinaibi this summer and I might well give video a shot......inspired!
    A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope - Epictetus

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    20,834

    Default

    Awesome road trip bob. Proper family holiday, nicely filmed.


    Must admit, I wasn't expecting a bit of the Stone Roses as the soundtrack!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonarmbj View Post
    Absolutely stunning, and if ever you guys and Crow get together and post a blog......my life is then over, null and void!

    Ain't never been to Alaska,, but have spent 6 months in South Georgia ....doe's that count?
    South Georgia IS pretty special though! Thanks for the compliments.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandy View Post
    Great video really enjoyed it. You managed to keep the pace up throughout including using photos.Never managed to that guess I linger too long on the photos and the audience skips off to make coffee or perhaps a stiff dram in some cases.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    I do find that less is more and there are some longer clips on there which did make me a little nervous. Also the transition between clips is important (cross dissolve vs fade to black vs nothing). I'm a long way from being good but the more practice the better. Thanks again for the compliments.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterdale Paddler View Post
    Absolutely superb.....watched in awe...great trip.

    We're paddling the Missinaibi this summer and I might well give video a shot......inspired!
    I'd say film as much as you can because you can edit it all down later. You can't edit it if you don't film it! I would invest in a good camera (go pro or something similar) as you need to get the quality.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Awesome road trip bob. Proper family holiday, nicely filmed.


    Must admit, I wasn't expecting a bit of the Stone Roses as the soundtrack!
    You can't beat a bit of the Stone Roses

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •