Thread: The Exaggerated Peninsula on Loch Sheil

Default The Exaggerated Peninsula on Loch Sheil

Hello
    Although the arrival of Spring seems particularly late up here in Scotland this year, I managed to get a weekender on Loch Sheil a few weeks ago returning to a campsite called Rubha Na H-Airde which broadly translates to the Exaggerated Peninsula. ( had hoped for a more impressive/romantic name ( Peninsula of the Warrior or something of that ilk) but no !
    I hadn't been back to this campsite for around 10 yrs and it was quite strange to return. It hadn't really changed with even the same tree stumps and logs I remembered. It certainly has changed less than I have as the photos confirmed . I visited it with Richard ( Perthshire Wood Canvas) and a guy called Russell and a blogg called Flaming June resulted.So named because we had 3 or 4 days of sunny and hot weather .

Hadn't realised that my hat was was also that old and indeed it was nice to see that it was once clean !

This time I took the Drone along and had a bit more time to play with it ( without incident this time !) and also experimented with a few other things which I hadn't tried before . Hope you enjoy the result

https://youtu.be/tc8pUWhu5m8.

Cheers
    Bandy

CLICK THE LINK TO THE SCOTTISH CANOE TRIPS CHANNEL FOR VIDEOS OF MY TRIPS : http://www.youtube.com/user/bandy598

Downriver from the Bywell bridge over the Tyne

Hi Rob, another quality video!!! Love the drone footage and.......you kept the hind quiet in the title
    ATB And keep making videos.

"Der Hirsch springt hoch,
    Der Hirsch springt weit.
    Es macht ja nichts........
    Er hat ja Zeit"

Beautiful film, Rob, the drone footage adds something a little different.

Good to see you're getting out a bit mate, hope to paddle with you again soon.

Lovely bit of peace and quiet to sooth the soul.

From my Gaelic dictionary Rubha Na H-Airde would suggest The Highest Headland. (rubha - promontory, headland, point of land. airde - height, highness, stature)

Best yet. Love the editing. You got the continuity spot on.

Nice trip too by the way. I could do with a solo trip some time soon, but it won't be anywhere as nice as that.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Journal Entries

Great video. Saw this when it popped up on my YouTube feed.

very nicely done - I did think you'd forgotten your camera couple of times though

the aerial footage was impressive - what drone setup do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Nice video, trying to decide where to go soon for a trip and this may swing it to loch shiel again. Too many good choices in that area.
    Last edited by Trig; 11th-May-2018 at 07:18 PM.

It was ok I suppose, if you like that kind of thing ....

Fine, I give in, it was good. I look at and count the amount of times you need to set the camera for the various angled shots of the arrival etc. More ‘work’ than people see really.

Good ode to see you getting out mate
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Canoe outfitting packages in the Massif Central

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    It was ok I suppose, if you like that kind of thing ....

Fine, I give in, it was good. I look at and count the amount of times you need to set the camera for the various angled shots of the arrival etc. More ‘work’ than people see really.

Good ode to see you getting out mate
    Indeed, I wonder how many times Rob actually had to "arrive". Probably gave him time to get his knees working.

Only once - 3 cameras and editing jiggery pokerey. We need to get a trip organised or it'ble a France invasion and Lou should be warned cause I'VE started to drink rose.Perhaps a promotional video for canoemassifcentral could keep me on red.

Past my bedtime...time to snore.....never capture this on video in case it ruin''s the appearance of peace and quiet.

You ,me and Mal need to get organised ��
    A canoe hungry Bandy person.
    Bandy

CLICK THE LINK TO THE SCOTTISH CANOE TRIPS CHANNEL FOR VIDEOS OF MY TRIPS : http://www.youtube.com/user/bandy598

Rose!

Great video Rob. I saw it on my You-tube feed this morning so thought I would come and congratulate you on here.

I very much like your editing and the drone footage just adds to it.

I really must go and finish our Morar-Nevis journey from last Easter, you may have given me the kick up the backside I needed and a few ideas to boot. Being off work with a broken ankle also gives me a little time to do it.
    Bootstrap
    There's no such thing as inclement weather - you're just incorrectly dressed

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrap Bob View Post
    Great video Rob. I saw it on my You-tube feed this morning so thought I would come and congratulate you on here.

I very much like your editing and the drone footage just adds to it.

I really must go and finish our Morar-Nevis journey from last Easter, you may have given me the kick up the backside I needed and a few ideas to boot. Being off work with a broken ankle also gives me a little time to do it.
    Yes Rob, see if you can get it done before Lynne finishes the year-old-blog of the same trip, and this years too!