Thread: Leicester Riverside Festival 2018 2-3rd June 2018

Default Leicester Riverside Festival 2018 2-3rd June 2018

Hi All,

Weather permitting I/we'll be paddling to the Leicester Riverside Festival from/to Birstall - Whiles Lane - meet 10:30am, on the water 11:00am - prob around 1-2 hours to paddle slowly to the festival.

The festival is on over 2 days:
    Saturday 12:00 - 19:00
    Sunday 12:00 - 17:00

I'm thinking maybe the Sunday though and pass by the Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival , but if there are other paddlers interested in joining and the Sat is better (or the weather is much better), then there could be a late change.

There is a Dragonboat time trial if there are enough interested SOTPers to form a crew.

It's also the same weekend Silverbirch are on Tour in Nottingham, so changes are I'll pop there to say hi on the non-festival day.

Anyone interested in joining?

Me.

Me too
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Yeah sounds great, I expect the +1.5 might also want to tag along if the weather is good.

Sunday musak sounds good to me.
    I refuse to let the fact that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing hold me back in any aspect of my life.

I'll keep an eye on this, we're on the Wye till Wednesday but I'm off Sunday Monday so will look into acoomodation ad see what happens.
    If in doubt, hit it with a hammer!!

Maybe, depending on where about's I'm moored in relation to how far my van is away.

Missed the dragon boat bit, I'm game for that too
    I refuse to let the fact that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing hold me back in any aspect of my life.

So for the other day that weekend I'm thinking Paddle in the Park. Its also the final weekend of the National Go Canoeing week. So just hoping for some nice weather!.

Jon,
    I've just checked my diary, and unfortunately, I'm working that week-end!

Mark

No worries Mark - should catch you at the mid summer meet anyway .

Nice wee pdf about the Leicester Riverside Festival. Its not a paddler thing (that's more the Notts Paddle in the Park) - just a general jolly next to the river (canal!) - that will provide burgers and ice cream :-).

Looks like there's plenty going on at the Leicester festival, even though i live on a boat iv'e never done a riverside festival, If i can make it, it'll be a first !

thought of burgers and ice cream is a big selling point
    Last edited by Ditch Crawler; 15th-May-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: thought of burgers and ice cream

The long range forecast for the weekend is looking fine both days - although that can change.
    The optional Dragon boat racing is on the Sun, so no great preference for day has been expressed by anyone (so far) - I'm confirming Sun 3rd - Whiles Lane, Birstall 10:30am.

Chances are I'll pop up to Notts on Sat for a wonder round the Paddle in the Park.