Thread: Denmark, short Paddle on Als sund in new Canoe

1. Default Denmark, short Paddle on Als sund in new Canoe

Last summer I went on two canoe trips with ourkids, in Sweden and Denmark, after that we were hooked.
    I have been reading reviews and travel blogs onthis site all winter and finally last friday we bought our very first Canoe.

We bought a Venture Prospector 16 Corelite.
    Here it is in Copenhagen on top of our car whereI picked it up.

Our first Paddle was on Saturday afternoon afterI had added the third seat.
    We went out and paddled on Alssund, a narrowstretch of sea between Jutland the island Als.

I was abit worried if we could all be in thecanoe as we are a family of six, but it felt stable and had plenty freeboard.

Our youngest wanted of course to help paddling

I am extremely happy with our new boat, I thought we would need to rent one extra canoe if we wanted to go all together.
    But there was no problem and I think it can even take us all, food and camping equipment for one or two nights.

After this short trip we started planning another trip the next day.

On sunday we went down Gels , a small river in Denmark, I have not been able to find any travel blog for that river.
    I will upload another blog post with pictures and info about the river.

Br. Gudthor

Last edited by Gudthor; 8th-May-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Could you upload your pictures to something like Flickr and relink them, because they're not visble now ( you can't use photobucket anymore for free ... ) I'd love to see the pictures!

3. Default

Will do that.

Br: Gudthor

4. Default

I changed the pictures to Flickr as suggested, please let me know if you can still not see the pictures.

Br: Gudthor

Wow, that was fast! There now perfectly visble. Thanks.

What a beautiful day, and a lovely place to paddle with your family. Always good to see young folk enjoying the water.

Realistically, I think you'll have to expand the fleet as the kids grow, but if you're only going out in calm conditions close to shore, its great fun to have a full canoe, as long as you're careful. And with six kids, you'll need a whole crew of minders and sherpas once you start "proper" canoe camping with portages!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    What a beautiful day, and a lovely place to paddle with your family. Always good to see young folk enjoying the water.

Realistically, I think you'll have to expand the fleet as the kids grow, but if you're only going out in calm conditions close to shore, its great fun to have a full canoe, as long as you're careful. And with six kids, you'll need a whole crew of minders and sherpas once you start "proper" canoe camping with portages!
    I think you are right, we will definitely need another canoe when the kids grow, have already plans to buy a second one next year.
    We do though not have six kids,, "only" four, we are then six in total :-) .

Br. Gudthor

Nice looking part of the world to paddle....enjoyed your blog.
    A ship should not ride on a single anchor, nor life on a single hope - Epictetus

Like your canoe, particularly the colour. Also, a great place to paddle.

Nice blog and what a wonderful day, with the family.
    Simms ..