Thread: pictures.....probably a stupid question

Cool pictures.....probably a stupid question

A lot of people use personal cloud storage ......is there any way you use something like google drive as a host for posting pictures on here?
    I know nothing about IT as may be apparent from the question but could solve the photobucket problem.....if it were possible
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I'm new to this site and just tried to put a post about a trip that I did last year in Scotland but couldn't add photos to it, thought I'd got a way round it copying and pasting from Word but doesn't look like it has worked.
    Best Wishes.
    ScoutingSteve

Journal Entries

Unfortunately not. I’d hoped Dropbox would work but no such luck. Till I can get the forum software updated we are stuck with, Flickr, google or other online hosting services.

Hhmmm? - this is something that has puzzled me for a while now. Well tbh it has put me off posting anything re trips done as we all want to see the photos, but it's not at all clear how to do a blogg with the inclusion of pics. I have shed loads of pictures on my google "photos" account, and a desire to share my trips out in Lincolnshire (8 x so far this year). There doesn't seem to be a lot of entries from this part of the world and might be useful to share in/outs etc. for anyone else planning a paddle round this area.

Can we use pics from google photos or saved on our drive account?

Quote Originally Posted by bigzee View Post
    Hhmmm? - this is something that has puzzled me for a while now. Well tbh it has put me off posting anything re trips done as we all want to see the photos, but it's not at all clear how to do a blogg with the inclusion of pics. I have shed loads of pictures on my google "photos" account, and a desire to share my trips out in Lincolnshire (8 x so far this year). There doesn't seem to be a lot of entries from this part of the world and might be useful to share in/outs etc. for anyone else planning a paddle round this area.

Can we use pics from google photos or saved on our drive account?
    Unfortunately, as I understand it, currently Drive doesn't work. Google photos may. I use Flickr, as its one of the few that seems reliable. There are instructions on how to post images here: http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...s-on-the-Forum, though they relate to photobucket which few still use due to excessive charges being introduced. They sort of apply to Flickr too, but I find the process fairly easy; in your image, at the bottom right, click on the rightward pointing arrow. This opens a prompt. Choose BBCode tab (in future this will default there). Choose size (i use Medium 800ish x, again defaults later). Copy the URL text. Come back to SOTP, and simply paste this in your thread.

Annoyingly, it also adds photo detail text. This can be deleted by removing all the link AFTER the first [/url].

It sounds hard work, but once you've done it a few times, each image only takes a few seconds. Believe me, I've done a few!

Journal Entries

Another easy fix of you are using a tablet or smartphone is using the Tapatalk app as it lets you add pictures directly. It actually uses Flickr in the background but you don’t have to do the hard bits.

as I keep saying we are working in the background to try and arrange to have pictures added manually and I’m hoping to have that working in October / November.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiKelly View Post
    Another easy fix of you are using a tablet or smartphone is using the Tapatalk app as it lets you add pictures directly. It actually uses Flickr in the background but you donít have to do the hard bits.

as I keep saying we are working in the background to try and arrange to have pictures added manually and Iím hoping to have that working in October / November.
    I have virtually stopped accessing via the web page and read and add pics etc through taptalk. Adding pics through taptalk is so easy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

google photos works. but you need to put the pictures in an "album" otherwise they won't be visible to anyone but yourself.
    so upload them to google photos, make an album and put them in there, then open the full size image (not the preview/thumbnail!), copy the URL and use it on SOTP.
    i've been doing this for a few years now, works fine.