Thread: Thigh Knee Straps for SOT Wilderness Tarpon 120

Question Thigh Knee Straps for SOT Wilderness Tarpon 120

Hi,

Re: Thigh Knee Straps for SOT Wilderness Tarpon 120

Where or what do you attach them too on the Tarpon 120?

Thanks

Why are they needed ?

For better control in the rough stuff.

Might attach to the SlideTrax system front and rear, see manufacturers web-site. I'm not too sure how much better your control will be even with fitted straps, I'm pretty certain I couldn't roll it even with the straps fitted, although I'll happily roll closed cockpit kayaks and trad canoes
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

Sorry I forgot to update post. You are correct. You need these:-

No intention of rolling!

Sit on tops, in general why would you want to roll one, the design of most make it nearly impossible to do so and if you do fall off you can just climb back onto it again, they are nearly the easiest craft to self rescue to although they may be just beaten by a stand-up-paddleboard
    Having paddled a SoT both with and without thigh straps I so preferred paddling it without ... you could fit the straps just before you hit the rough stuff, but if you are planning on paddling rough stuff anyway are you in the right boat? ... your own personal risk assessment and your definition of rough stuff will help you answer this, it is so a personal call.
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

You are the only person who mentioned rolling. I just want the straps for control when in the surf or on a bit of white water. You quite rightly mention, if and when I fall off, I can just climb back on without any drama. Plus I can tan my legs. lol.

We fitted thigh straps to a sit-on-top (not a Tarpon), just to see if we could roll it ... not a chance.
    Better connectivity in surf, ww etc brill ... good luck with sorting your fixings and getting a tan
    DCUK
    Can't ytpe or roopf read

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Potty Paddler View Post
    We fitted thigh straps to a sit-on-top (not a Tarpon), just to see if we could roll it ... not a chance.
    Better connectivity in surf, ww etc brill ... good luck with sorting your fixings and getting a tan
    Worked on the tan today. Down the Gower next week for 11 days..Cheers