Thread: Hello from the East Midlands

Default Hello from the East Midlands

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the East Midlands and have started to get back into paddling again recently. Many years ago I did my BCU 3 star award at army cadets but the only paddling I have done since has been a few trial days with a local club. The club seemed great but have not signed up yet as the intention was to go with one of my kids, they loved the time on the water but not the cold winter weather. Now the weather has started to get nice(r) again i really need to get back down there and sign up.

I have also just brought a Snake River 12 so i get get out on the water with the little ones at the weekend.

My other interests include Hiking, Climbing and XBox

Hello Jack and welcome to the forum. Many folk in your area and plenty of activity too.
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com

Hello and Welcome!

Which bit of the East Mids? Though I live down south, my folks live in North Notts.

There's an active group around the Soar/Leics area, and an overlapping group that gets out on the Idle fairly often. I occasionally make it up and join them, but keep an eye on the Meets section. For example, there's a Midsummer meet being planned.

Ayup Jack, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm around the Loughborough area so very close to the Soar.

Didnt think of looking at the meets posts yet i'll have to have a nosey.

Hi Jack,

If its of any interest, most of the paddles I can find to do in the East Mids are all on http://cankay.org.uk/.

Feel free to join us for the mid summer meet at Barrow for a paddle or just to say hi.

Cheers
    Jon

Thanks Jon that site looks great I will have to add some of my own trips up there.

This meet at Barrow, I have only just found the threat but sounds great but will have to give the full thread a read tomorrow.