Thread: Campsite main adapter

Default Campsite main adapter

Off to France multi day canoe camping using riverside campsites and want to be able to charge some batteries etc on the pitch hook ups. Am I right in thinking the likelihood is I will only need something like this? Sounds like a lot of sites will use same hook up as UK.

I've also read that some sites still use 2 pin sockets but I assume that because we are not hooking up a camper/caravan and only plugging charging appliances in that we would just be able to use a standard continental type plug adapter if they have that style of hook up?

Thanks

John

Yes you are right on both counts. Most sites use the blue euro plugs and a few older/rural sites use the standard continental plugs like the black bit in this pic:

Thanks Keith. I might pick one of these up as well as we will also be spending a few additional nights with the camper so I assume the one below is to hook the camper up to a pickup that receives the 2 pin plug and the camper lead plugs into the other end. The whole camper and campsite hook up thing is all new for me!

Quote Originally Posted by windorpaddle View Post
    Yes you are right on both counts. Most sites use the blue euro plugs and a few older/rural sites use the standard continental plugs like the black bit in this pic:

Up north we just shout louder to communicate, it's much easier
    nature is m X-box