Thread: Ardèche Descent

Default Ardèche Descent

Myself and my wife are looking to do a road trip in France, we are driving down the west coast, then we are doing a race across the Pyrenees and then onto the Ardèche, we are taking our creek boats with us and camping mainly, so the questions are

1.Does anybody have any experience of paddling along the west coast of France either sea or inland.
    2. What can any one tell us about undertaking the Ardèche descent maybe over 3 days.

thanks in anticipation

antony

Quite a few Ardeche trips been blogged over the years. Here's or trip from last year.

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/for...rges-d-Ardeche
    Matto

Ours was the marsh country, down by the river, within, as the river wound, twenty miles of the sea.

Surfing all down the lower west coast Try Lacanau Ocean for starters. Ive done the Ardeche Gorge a couple f times, once by kayak and again by Canadian. Camping in the Gorge tightly controlled, only two sites, both require, I think, booking and French organisation. Its an easy trip in a day, I even did the shuttle by bike as well the first time, both in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Impcanoe View Post
    Surfing all down the lower west coast Try Lacanau Ocean for starters. Ive done the Ardeche Gorge a couple f times, once by kayak and again by Canadian. Camping in the Gorge tightly controlled, only two sites, both require, I think, booking and French organisation. Its an easy trip in a day, I even did the shuttle by bike as well the first time, both in a day.
    Thanks Impcanoe

You might like to post on ukriversguidebook.co.uk sea kayaking section for information about the west coast. They will be able to advise on French regulations regarding small craft. They may also give advice on some pretty nasty currents along parts of the coast.