Thread: Early Morning Escape

Default Early Morning Escape

A short video of a misty early morning escape paddle on Loch Ard . Took the opportunity to experiment with a bebop2 drone and its follow me program . This locks the camera on you and the drone follows you ........I've left out the panicky bits .....thankfully i had fitted floats to the legs of the drone so landing on water is possible but wasn't the plan !!

Hope you enjoy it

https://youtu.be/P9JDs67izw0
    Bandy

CLICK THE LINK TO THE SCOTTISH CANOE TRIPS CHANNEL FOR VIDEOS OF MY TRIPS : http://www.youtube.com/user/bandy598

Hooray for the return of Bandy Productions!

Great little film, Rob, and the accompanying music was perfect. Captures a quiet loch paddle superbly.

Definitely needs out-takes of a wet drone landing though!!!

Oh, and I see the dehydrator is getting some action. What was in the pot?

Must paddle again sometime soon, all the best mate.

Fantastic I really enjoyed, there’s a few people on here who have a real skill for filming and setting a scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed that. It must take a lot of planning and setting up to make an interesting video. Thank you

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Well done. Influences of Jason Irwin methinks although that isn't a criticism by any stretch!

What software are you editing with? I use Adobe Premier Pro. My next big buy is likely a drone so I'm interested on following other's experiences. I'll let you make all the mistakes

Super film, thanks for making the effort. Must have been some serious too-ing and fro-ing with the cameras to link it all up. Captured the atmosphere beautifully.
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com

We really enjoyed that. I say we because my wife enjoyed it too. Now that is a compliment. Lol.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Journal Entries

Saw this last night when it popped up on my YouTube subscriptions. The drone shots are a great addition, the only issue is because the drone is keeping you in the centre of the frame it looks like you are stationary. I did wonder if being closer to the shore might help so you can see the background go by faster. Great film though just offering suggestions.

Journal Entries

Yay! Welcome back sir!
    Cheers,

Alan

Good to see you getting out. The drone thing is a bit off of fun but does need a load of practice. Sadly, you seem to be good at it

i got asked to produce one to commemorate a roof topping ceremony for some friends here ... if you can’t use a drone for that, when can you use one .....

we need to get a trip/visit sorted mate

take care
    MarkL
    www.canoemassifcentral.com
    Open Canoe hire/outfitting in the Massif Central
    ”We will make your trip work”

Stunning work. Had me floating away from the chair to somewhere beautifully calm and peaceful. I can only imagine the effort that's gone in, but it's been well worth it.
    The only thing you have to fear is Mergatroid the vengeful, man eating bear.

Hey folks
    Thanks for your comments. Does take a bit of time but is fun.
    Yes Mal dehydrator is getting a bit of use although this was a meal leftover from last year-imagitively labelled beef and rice comprising .......beef and rice .....and all the other things left in the cupboard of which some were more easily identified than others. Actually been looking at starting to do this on a small commercial basis so experimenting quite a lot. Must get a trip organised soon.
    Bobt- I use coral x9 for no other reason that I started to use coral and couldn't be bothered to change. Does all sorts of fancy things - multi camera edits ,graphics ,map plotting and of course I dont use any of them.Simple seems best and suits my limited brain power.
    John- youre right follow me is great but really needs some kind of reference point. Initially I had it following me from the bank cause I was too frightened to take it out over the water. Worked well right up to the point it nearly flew into a tree. That was followed by the near water landing incident. Thankfully the drone does not have a microphone so the bad language couldn't be heard. It's controlled by your smartphone which monitors all sorts of things ( including how many times you crash) - might suggest to Bebop that it monitors the operators blood pressure....mine I'm sure was unhealthily high!
    Mark - think you know where the inspiration to buy a drone came from. I have to confess as a surveyor I enjoyed your roof video - great way to do a survey. You must remind me to bring my photo album ( 101 roof profiles of urban Britain) along on our next trip .... fascinating and real conversation piece around the campfire . We do need to get a trip organised soon.
    Cheers
    Rob
    Bandy

CLICK THE LINK TO THE SCOTTISH CANOE TRIPS CHANNEL FOR VIDEOS OF MY TRIPS : http://www.youtube.com/user/bandy598

Very Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    i got asked to produce one to commemorate a roof topping ceremony for some friends here ... if you can’t use a drone for that, when can you use one .....
    Wow, that was impressive.
    Big Al.

Only when the last tree has died
    and the last river been poisoned
    and the last fish been caught
    will we realise we cannot eat money.
    ~Cree Indian Proverb

Rob,
    Great video with very imposing scenery and breakfast thrown-in, too boot. :-)
    Simms ..

Downriver from the Bywell bridge over the Tyne

Excellent video Rob. Was about time

"Der Hirsch springt hoch,
    Der Hirsch springt weit.
    Es macht ja nichts........
    Er hat ja Zeit"

This and Bobt's previous posts have tipped me over the edge so I've splashed the cash on one!

Meant to ask whether the static video was also from the drone or from a different camera?

It was from various cameras in various positions. Drone footage limited to paddling shots.
    Off to Loch Sheil tomorrow and hope to experiment with the drone a bit more......if I dare!
    Have fun with your purchase
    Bandy

Wow, awesome video, so good i watched it twice