Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mid Summer Night Meet ?

David,
    I was just halfway up 'the old apples and pears' then, on the way to the land of nod....When I thought, Oh, no! Dave's going to omit the Spam in the onion Bhajis recipe....that's sacrilege!!

Leaving my now smoking slippers (and cherished well-battered Teddy) halfway up and halfway down the staircase I had to rush back down to send this message:

KEEP THE SPAM IN THE RECIPE!

As it's a staple part of any would-be 'canoe-adventurers' on-board supplies, and always most welcome in any emergency situations! (And you'll know when you're in an emergency situation, when you finally realise that you are going to have to pop open that can of Spam just to survive...or maybe, try to push it out for a few more days, and leave that can unopened - it's a game changer! )
    Keep yer paddles wet, and powder dry....

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

It's food Ken...

But, not as we know it!

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Dave, maybe keep some SPAM free (for the veggies you know)
    I am carnivorous but consider becoming vegetarian when it comes to spam.
    Still have PTSD from the spam jelley of two years ago or more

That jelly raised the bar. Inspiring stuff!
    The early bird may catch the worm... but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Sorry folks but but the spam has too go, just not the same with spam in

I don't have anything in tartan is it o.k to wear one of my other frocks ?

Pretty sure I've a tartan mankini I can lend you John?

Looking forward to catchin' up with you all next weekend, with/without kilts, SPAM or portable toilets.

Looks like I can't do this now so off the list for now. 🙁

Those attending

1. Simms + 1 (The boss)
    2. Hemlock
    3. Jewels
    4. Cankay
    5. carbon
    6. kmac
    7. MB
    8. davidfletcher
    9. Bobbing Ben +Minions
    10. Mal (some or all of w/e)

Maybe list:
    1. bigyellowtractor
    2= Ditch crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Bonarmbj View Post
    Mr. Simms,
    It now looks as if you've got yourself a battle plan Sir!

WO 2 Bonar Mc B

P.S.
    Sirus (Pete)
    Naturally, I assume that you will be tenting this weekend in question in that new super tent of yours......and if so, would there be any chance of you also bringing along your tarp and camping sticks, so that we can knock-up a communal dining area, just in case the weather turns against us... (I was about to say inclement, but that sounds way too posh for me! )

And best now that I probably refrain from using the term 'knock-up' in any future correspondence, so as to keep Ken from getting a little too over excited!
    David,
    Absolutely!

Got home early tonight, for once, and already feeling a little guilty about letting down the veggie fraternity that maybe wanting to come along by cancelling the Veggie Haggis option....

Have just spent the last 2hrs reviewing a Mushroom Curry Jacket Potato option for up to 4....and now very much trying to work out how I'm going to fit it in!

Will try though!

So, as you can imagine any offer such as yours is more than welcome!

Thanks Dave!
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cankay.org.uk View Post
    Pretty sure I've a tartan mankini I can lend you John?

Looking forward to catchin' up with you all next weekend, with/without kilts, SPAM or portable toilets.
    Looks like we have, Mark :-)

I've been checking the "Jetstream" forecast, we may be catching the southern edge jetstream , but its not looking too bad, at the mo

We will be bringing a few tarps and cooking equipment 9 & 6 Litre dutch oven .

Mark, Do you need any more lamb, as we have some in the freezer, vacuum packed ..... Is there anything that we need to bring, to assist you?

Frocks are fine

What about banana hammocks? banana hammock world, couldn't see one in tartan, though :-)

We'll be getting there about Midday on friday, i'm working the Thursday (days) so i'll be in my "up at 4:00 hrs phase.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Simon & Karen
    Simms ..

Sorry you're off the list Sirus, i'm sure there will be another.
    Simms ..

Simms, (Simon & Karen)
    Keep that vacuum packed Lamb on standby for the time being ,as we'll need a little something held back in reserve for any future upcoming paddle-missions.....as they will surely come!

I'm going to 'knock-up' (Steady Ken! ) a large Mushroom Curry tomorrow and freeze most of it in preparation for the weekend in question, with thoughts now already of serving portions of it in a Roasted Jacket Potato.....and then I read a random recipe about Mushrooms with Garlic & Chilli Sauce cooked on skewers over hot coals! - Just got to do that as well!

So, yes....very much yes!

There is something very much that you could bring along to assist...and it's that 6ltr Dutchy of yours on 180 Degrees C for 1.25hrs with 6 large spuds in it!

That would help immensely.

Still very much have 'my horns locked in negotiations' with da' management... whilst still trying to get Friday off, with this coming Monday.... being My D Day! ( Whilst also continuing to work on a cunning plan of arriving on the Saturday, sometime after midday (as I'll be working late on Friday) without any reference thereafter to a slug, Blackadder or his manservant Baldrick! .....

This plan might just work!

RSVP

MB

`..`. ><(((( ((>
    `..`..`. ><((((>

Simms, (Simon & Karen)
    Keep that vacuum packed Lamb on standby for the time being ,as we'll need a little something held back in reserve for any future upcoming paddle-missions.....as they will surely come!

I'm going to 'knock-up' (Steady Ken! ) a large Mushroom Curry tomorrow and freeze most of it in preparation for the weekend in question, with thoughts now already of serving portions of it in a Roasted Jacket Potato.....and then I read a random recipe about Mushrooms with Garlic & Chilli Sauce cooked on skewers over hot coals! - Just got to do that as well!

So, yes....very much yes!

There is something very much that you could bring along to assist...and it's that 6ltr Dutchy of yours on 180 Degrees C for 1.25hrs with 6 large spuds in it!

That would help immensely.

Still very much have 'my horns locked in negotiations' with da' management... whilst still trying to get Friday off, with this coming Monday.... being My D Day! ( Whilst also continuing to work on a cunning plan of arriving on the Saturday, sometime after midday (as I'll be working late on Friday) without any reference thereafter to a slug, Blackadder or his manservant Baldrick! .....

This plan might just work!

RSVP
    We'll bring the lamb, anyway, it can be stored in the electric coolbox, in the car boot.

As said, we're bringing the dutchy's anyway and the new firepan (plus wood & charcoal), so we'll have plenty of cooking area

Jacket tateas are on the list, Sir
    Simms ..

Truly Humbled!

MB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123