Thread: Trekk 16S

Default Trekk 16S

Solo tripping canoe

Optimised for rivers up to grade 3, lakes and canals. With an arched hull and plenty of rocker this is the boat for those who take joy in the art of paddling. With lower freeboard than others in the range, it is at home on open water where its extra length combined with the hull shape give a lovely response to subtle paddle strokes. The central paddling position helps to trim the boat perfectly, whether powering along flat or heeling to practise those canoe manoeuvring skills.

On white water, up to Grade 3, the hull rides effortlessly up and over the rapids whilst the arch absorbs the buffeting to ensure a smooth passage to the next eddy.

Trekk 16S-FMP (Classic)

Construction: fibreglass with polyester resin lay-up
    Gunwales: standard ash wood
    Seat: single standard ash wood seat, kneeling thwart or ash wood kneeling seat
    Yoke: deep dished
    Colour: choose from Select range.
    Length: 15ft 10in, 4.82m
    Width: 32in, 0.81m
    Weight: 29Kg

Trekk 16S-CIX (Expedition)
    The Expedition, Carbon/Innegra composite construction sets it apart from the FMP model by being noticeably lighter whilst retaining its durability.

Construction: carbon/Innegra/fibreglass with vinylester resin lay-up
    Gunwales: aluminium
    Yoke: deep dished
    Weight: 26Kg

Trekk 16S-CKV (Quiet Water)
    Carbon/KevlarŠ, combined with Ash Standard gunwales make this lightest Trekk 16 in the range. The stiffness of the carbon makes every paddle stroke more effective, so your muscles have an easier time and the fun lasts longer.

Construction: Carbon/KevlarŽ/Fibreglss laminate with vinylester resin
    Gunwales: standard ash wood
    Yoke: standard
    Weight: 23Kg

More details on apachecanoes.com
    Cheers,

Alan

Sneak preview here of the latest demo boat in the mould. This is the Trekk 16S-CKV which, as you can see, is finished with a carbon kevlar weave. From the outside in, it has a light bright green gel coat, fibreglass mat to provide durability and a key for the gel, pure carbon for added stiffness and finally the carbon kevlar you can see in the pictures.

Can't wait to see it fitted out later this week once the cure is complete.

Trekk 16S-CKV(1) by Mark Carrington, on Flickr

Trekk 16S-CKV(2) by Mark Carrington, on Flickr

Trekk 16S-CKV(3) by Mark Carrington, on Flickr
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com

Quote Originally Posted by ChazF View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]Just wanted to say I received my stunning apache trek 16 recently, both Stu and Mark were fantastic and the canoe is amazing. Shame the local water is low and the weather is bad as I would have been out in it more often. She's been out once and I loved how responsive the boat paddled. Loves to be paddle solo responds much better to the kneeling position. My preference anyway. I can't wait to really get out head up to Scotland and really put it through its paces with some canoe wildacamps, at least I can enjoy the winter planning my trips. Once again thanks Stu and Mark the work you have done is amazing [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] Oh I just had to get the camper in as well, Cheers Steve

I thought it would be helpful to post Steve's very kind words here under the Trekk 16 section.
    "I'd far rather be happy than right any day"..........Slartibartfast

http://apachecanoes.com