Thread: Pakcanoe seat

Question Pakcanoe seat

I am would like to add an additional seat for my pakcanoe 150, ideally the flat bench seat style one. Any idea if there is a UK distributor, or has anybody modified another a seat to fit?

Cheers

Jon

Might be worth e-mailing these guys, they were very helpful when I ordered my Ally from them, and if that only cost EU10 to ship, postage should be reasonable!

http://www.arts-outdoors.de/Shop/de/...port/Faltboote

They certainly import Pakcanoes to Europe anyway. Spares may be lurking on the website but didn't spot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Grey View Post
    Might be worth e-mailing these guys, they were very helpful when I ordered my Ally from them, and if that only cost EU10 to ship, postage should be reasonable!

http://www.arts-outdoors.de/Shop/de/...port/Faltboote

They certainly import Pakcanoes to Europe anyway. Spares may be lurking on the website but didn't spot them.
    Found one on their site 100. Might have to try and make something

Quote Originally Posted by JonC View Post
    Found one on their site 100. Might have to try and make something
    Blimey, not cheap. Got me looking at how they attach their wooden portage yoke though, might have to adapt something similar for the Ally.

Journal Entries

I have a 150 in tandem setup, assuming it is the front one it basically attaches in a similar way as the back one (if your back one is a bench type) I can have a rummage and provide any measurements if needed, to my shame I have not had it out on the water in a while due to work and life issues

If you have a 150 with the solo conversion kit it would be a bit different as is it is narrower so even the stock front seat *might (not sure here)* be too wide. I can't remember what the difference is, just be aware that there are two widths for the 150

I want to try one of those stingray saddles in a pakcanoe, but currently I don't use it enough to justify spending money on paddling kit atm
    ---
    This idiot got Redbaron into canoeing

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

The seats that came with the Pakcanoe I bought second-hand were broken, and had been repaired with chunky blocks of wood. I have bought a wood seat from Apache canoes, cut to length, using the original as a pattern and then my good friend Canoebiker routed matching slots in it.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    The seats that came with the Pakcanoe I bought second-hand were broken, and had been repaired with chunky blocks of wood. I have bought a wood seat from Apache canoes, cut to length, using the original as a pattern and then my good friend Canoebiker routed matching slots in it.
    My one has the camping seat type thing, it attaches to the bottom of the canoe. Any chance you could take some photos of your setup, main thing is how it attaches to the side.

Cheers

Jon

Do these help?

Hopefully you can see there are short sections that bolt onto the end of the seats which allow you to adjust the width of the seat to position it where you want. When these were taken I had it set up for solo using the seat as for kneeling

Eton on the banks of the River Thames between Windsor and Slough

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonC View Post
    My one has the camping seat type thing, it attaches to the bottom of the canoe. Any chance you could take some photos of your setup, main thing is how it attaches to the side.

Cheers

Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by elveys View Post
    Do these help?

Hopefully you can see there are short sections that bolt onto the end of the seats which allow you to adjust the width of the seat to position it where you want. When these were taken I had it set up for solo using the seat as for kneeling

This is what my seats are like.
    Fran

Photobucket stole my sig

Quote Originally Posted by elveys View Post
    Do these help?

Perfect photos, thanks for posting them. Will see what I can make and modify.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pakboat have recently redesigned their seats slightly, but they are still pretty similar.

We have quite a few pakcanoes - new and an old 140s (they differ slightly in size), a 150 with both solo and tandem frames and a few 160s (the oldest one is for sale!) - if i can help with any measuring of seats, let me know.

Pakboats will sell the parts - it might be worth getting the lighter parts shipped and then make your own seats?

I might be interested in an old Pak canoe. Or at least in finding out the price and condition.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ian